Tire Recommendations

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

canman44

Like the title said, I need some help choosing a good set of tires for my SC400. Maybe just give a quick review of what you've got or something. I'm looking for something in the price range of prob below $120 and would fit 225/55/16. My tires are pretty much toast and I'm starting to look around for some new ones. As you may realize it is getting into winter now. I don't plan on driving my car too much over winter, and if so prob not on snowy days, (hopefully). I want a well handling tire, but there are so many damn choices, it's making my head spin. Anyways, so far I've been looking at some Eagle F1's and some various Yokohamas V4 or W4 or something like that, and some Kumho ecstas. Any help would be great, even if you just give a review of the tires that you have now.

My recommendation is Yokohamas, BF Goodrich, and Toyo tires. I tried them all and love them. I also tried Kumho and Hankook. Hate it. Tires is very important for your car handling. Pay a little more and get better performance.

You can actually select from what we experienced, so you'll more likely get the better tires. However, again there're too many choices. I've run some tires before and I've found the Falken 512 is more economical, smooth, and really good in handling in all weather. You can get each tire for your size for less than $100. The downside is the Falken tends to wear out a little quick averaging about 35000 miles.

The weather here is very hot!!!. And Iv tried most of the brands …
TOYO is the best in toughness but bad in traction.

My recommendation is YOKOHAMA

I really appreciate all the input. I'm definitely thinking I'll prob get the Yokohamas or toyos. My Dad actually has a sc400 as well and recently got new toyos, but hasn't really tested them out yet. Is there any specific yokohama that any of you recommend? I think I was looking at V4's or W4 or something. I'll have to look again, but If that sounds familiar or any of you know of a better kind, that'd be great. Also, does anyone know who sells them pretty chep. I think that I saw the yoko's on tirerack or kauffman tires.

Attachments

• LS460_8speed.jpg
    LS460_8speed.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 57