Supercharger with Gas????

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

siksora

Guys,
I have very little idea when it comes to gas conversion so i was hoping someone might be able to help. Is it viable to run a supercharger with gas or does this open up a pot load of problems and/or other modifications needed to make it work?? Any help would be greatly appreciated because with the price difference between petrol and gas, (if it's not too hard) the savings could be huge!! Cheers Lee

siksora said:
Guys,
I have very little idea when it comes to gas conversion so i was hoping someone might be able to help. Is it viable to run a supercharger with gas or does this open up a pot load of problems and/or other modifications needed to make it work?? Any help would be greatly appreciated because with the price difference between petrol and gas, (if it's not too hard) the savings could be huge!! Cheers Lee
I don't think it is a problem. A charger only blows (or compresses) the air into the inlet manifold, from there any fuel fuel can be added. I don't think you'd get exactly the same power from an LPG blown motor to a 98 octane petrol, however it wouldn't be far behind.

Cheers
Mark

Whilst the difference in fuel costs makes Gas attratctive it will take years to recoup the cost of the system.

The cost of getting the gas system runing is probably $2,000 more than sticking wth fuel, At $1,00 per liter that's 2,000 litres of fuel. Even at a low 5k's per litre that's 10,000 free k's!

I also question if you can register it in NSW.

I started engineering my swap and I have to do an IM240 test to prove my Import engine complies. In this test they run your car on a Dyno and it has to be driven over a specific set of parameters the replicate driving through commuter traffic (in LA) for 240 seconds. THe driver must do exactly as the computer says and the vehicle must remain below the emissions levles specified.

The test was created in 1974 by following a typical commuter through LA's traffic for 4 minutes and recording their speed, accelaration rate and decelaration, stops starts etc, then using the information to create the test. So when you do the test you drive the exact same pattern as that commuter in 1974. The test is widely used in thee US for smog testing vehicles.

To pass this the engine must be in perfect tune. A failure means you have to go away sort out the problem and re-submit the car.

I'll start an IM240 thread one day as I'm still reseaching it.