1UZ-FE LPG Advice

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tomvale13

Hi, I'll get into this quickly. I'm Tom and I live in Canberra (Aus)
I have a 94 Ls400 and I just came into some unexpected money from a family member (lets just say its a significant amount) I am contemplating a few different ideas in regard to the business under-the-bonnet.

I want my LS to perform better (approx 220kw at the wheels would be nice), be cheaper to run and sacrifice little to no reliability in the process.

1. How hard is it to put the 1uzfe on lpg..?

2. If Lpg is a viable option, what modifications are most suited to get this sort of figure and if running on lpg is there a preferred method of induction, (reliability and efficiency paramount)

3. I also had the idea of buying the lpg version of the 1gz-fe from toyota, after shipping, fitting and of course the 25K (approx) for the engine it would leave me next to broke so this is my dreamers idea, If I could manifest similar performance in 1uz guise I would be estatic.

At the moment with no advice from anyone I am hoping that an lpg conversion with twin turbos and custom extractors + exhausts + ecu running conservative psi will be within reach.
I am an amatuer at this so anyone with something valuable to add, be it advice on specific parts, or even a workshop to call, I'm all ears.
I posted this because I have the money, desire and am willing to take advice from those who have experience and can save me time and disappointment.

looking forward to feedback.

-Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for a drive to Rush Imports in Queanbyan and Neil will set you straight.

Personally I would go the forced induction route and forget the LPG.

Neil has a nice Eaton M90 conversion for around $5K that would go very close to what you want.

Check out the group buy section there are some interesting kits there.

rush Imports hey...? thanks a bunch, so am I to beleive that LPG isnt a good way to go with this motor..? Everyone I ask cant seem to give me a confident answer, I did some searching but cant find any info e.g; has anyone else got their 1uz running on lpg..?

thanks again Rod,

-Tom

Its pure and simply a cost issue, Unleaded Fuel will be as close to $2 a litre as I want in 6 months, It already costs me approx $100 to fill my LS, which gets me about 500 - 600 kays. This is great consumption for a v8, Im aware of this but If an lpg conversion can be done well and not hinder performance upgrade opportunities, I would much rather pay 90 cents a litre and run straight lpg.

Summing up; running costs. What I save on fuel I can put towards my insurance+rego. (2.5K per year)