Cars For Sale sc400 for sale!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WDoherty

This is a Black 1992 Lexus SC400. Current mileage is around 105,500 and will be increasing slightly. This is a really nice car for a 92'. The car has a deep black to it that shines nice (except there are a few areas i will talk about in a bit) and the interior is pretty nice except for some normal wear and tear. The car runs really smooth, so well that if its in idle and in gear it will idle around 500rpm and the exhuast note sounds like a solid tone instead of an engine. The reason for selling is that i want to do a turbo sc300 and one has come up and the guy has held it for me for few days, but will be putting it back on the market tomorrow, so if you are interested please let me know asap. I am asking 8,000 for the car and i know that is above blue book, but i had to pay above blue book for this car and i have done valuable work to it. When i got the car there were 3 major problems that my seller failed to mention and i had a 1200 mile trip ahead. The tires were bad and i had to chage them immediately, the cd changer and 3 speakers did not work, and the a/c did not work(yeah it was august). The tires now have 18,000 miles on them and are in great shape. I fixed the a/c. The high pressure side line had a hole in it from a braket rubbing on it. This required the whole abs unit and a/c lines removed and welded up and re-installed with new o rings and a new a/c dryer filter which you can see under the bumper cover. I charged the car with freeze 12 and proper lubricant (you can google freeze 12 if curious, its an r-12 substitue) and the a/c cools well and fast. As regard to the stereo the car had the original Nakimichi, but the cd -changer was toast. I installed a pioneer head unit and then spliced the speakers wires together in the back where the amp used to be (lots of work). Then i replaced the burned out speakers(another fun procect) with 4" MB Quart in the rear and 4" Infinity Kappa in the left front and left the original Nak unit in the right due to i liked the sound (i will give you the other infinity speaker if you want to swith them). I then wired an amp into the orginal 10" nak sub and the system sounds awesome with the midrange on 80hz high pass and the sub on 80hz down low pass.( i also just added an aftermarket power antenna 2 weeks ago to work woth the aftermarket stereo and it looks original on the car). Very discrete. The orginal amps and almost every stereo component on these cars usually goes out so you wouldn't want original anyway. I changed the car out to synthetic right after i got it at 87,500 and its been on amsoil since. The second owner gave me lexus dealer records from 2000 to 2004 which show such things as replaced o2 sensors, heater control valve, intake manifold gaskets, power steering pump (which i had to do again) timing belt at 63,000 miles, rear rotors and pads, alternator, drive belt, an ignition coil, right front headlight etc. I have also replaced the passenger inner door handle, the plastic piece around the ignition switch, and recently the spark plugs to bosch platinum which jumped my mpg on my last trip with a/c to 25.4. I get compliments on the car all the time and people think its a lot newer than it is. Now for areas of improvement. As you see i have a close-up of the rear bumper. The last owner must have had a minor fender bender and had it incorrectly repaired. A piece of bondo finally fell off and the other side has paint bubbling on the bumper cover. The bumper cover needs to be replaced (i've seen black ones on ebay around a 100), then some minor body work in that right rear quater panel will need to be done. Also, who ever did that crap repair oversprayed primer on the exhuast tips, although they might be cleanable or tack on some news ones. (Actually they also oversprayed the license plate light with black so i got pulled over for having know light and had to clean all that off). There are some minor chips and dings in various places, definatley a few on the passenger side. Also, look at the picture of the sunroof there is a spot where it looks blended in, i don't know. The headlights look new and the front bumper cover may have been painted, not sure. I got a carfax at that time which i will post and it didn't show any accidents, maybe he had just little things fixed or touched up?
Interior: seats are okay, not bad, but could be recovered for a new feel, interior window panel has the notorious crack ( i've seen used one's on car-part.com for $50) there are other minor cracks around the speakers, but the panels look pretty good overall. The steering wheel is worn, but i found a really well matched cover for it. The shifter could be recovered, $50 online, and you could replace the floor mats around $100 online for lexus original if you wanted the car to seem like new. Of course there are a couple of lights out on the climate control and dash, but the needles are pretty good only the tach needle has a slight flash and everything is legible, check club lexus for all these remedies. Dash vents have infamous cracks. Basically most important interior pieces like dashboard, headliner, rear deck all seem like new, no fading except for some carpet.
Mechanical: Car drives really smooth and responsive, but it could use lower control bushings, although no rush. I recently replaced the steering rack bushings(don't try this at home, j/k) and that tightened it up abit. Overall the car feels tight and new, even the way the doors shut. When you let off gas around 25mph you can feel some slack, i don't know if it would be the carrier bearing, or universal, but apperntly all lot of sc's do this with any normal mileage. Um, i tried to replace the fuel filter and couldn't get it off, i will give you a new filter, but you may have to take it in. Also, i replaced the powersteering pump with a lexus original, but after thinking the rack was leaking(which its not) it is actually a small leak from the joint from the psp to the high pressure hose i think. I remember when i put it on i didn't tighten it enough and it leaked bad, then i tightened it more and it stopped, but it leaks a little, i just check the reseviour every couple of weeks and in cold it will make the pump grind abit. Either it needs a new gasket there or a new high pressure hose (which is expensive), but lextreme knows where to get them made for a good price. I also did a drain and refill on the transmission with toyota type IV, but a flush at some point wouldn't be a bad idea.
Other stuff: Everythings works, remote unlock, power everything,except i haven't gotten the seat memory to work, once again clublexus, i'm the only one that drives the car so i didn't care. I had a 4 wheel alingment at Lexus, but i think the rear negative camber is too much, might want to get another 4 wheel once you get the front bushings and make them give you before and after printouts (i should have, i don't think they touched the rear). But, if you let go off the wheel it will track straight. The front bottom splash shields are off b/c they are crappy and i found in the lexus papers that they were supposed to replace them, and they send me the wrong part. I have the originals and i will give them to you, i just lost he original bolts. I also had the car tinted and they messed up onthe passenger side, but i will have that taken care of before it leaves my hands. Overall, pretty nice ride, but you might want to take of some minor issues i mentioned, i'm just trying to be as straighforward as possible. You can drive the car cross soountry with no worries, i drove it for 24hrs straight from e. tenn. to sw texas without a problem and awfuly comfortable. Any questions please feel free to ask, (432)-386-0481 [email protected] If interested please let me know quick because the car i found and want is going back on the market tommorrow and if it sells before mine i will take mine off the market, or if you have a clean sc300 5 speed let me know. Watch for more pics as well. Lex mentioned he didn't see a price ( i know its a long post), so once again, i'm asking $8,000.

Attachments

• 7MGTE.jpg
    7MGTE.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 23
more pics, please excuse the armor all over the place, i took the car to get the interior cleaned and that's what they did, i wasn't too happy about that.

yeah right now i'm doing some more work on it and then lowering the price to 7500 after that, it will probably be a couple of months. I hit a jackrabbit so i'm replacing the front bumper, and the back bumper while i am at it. I am also going to replace the high pressure steering hose and front suspension bushings. So it might be avaliable later if you are intersted. Its not that bad to buy a cheap ticket in advance and drive the car across country. I had to drive it from chicago initially and that was with a non-working cd changer and no a/c before i fixed all that as my seller was slimy sucker who falied to mention those things plus bad tires which i had to buy immediately before i even could even leave town. I fixed all that and drove it cross country to school 1200 miles straight and this car is a dream to go cross country in, a real blast and you see alot of countryside.

WD- I Didn't know you were trying to unload your 92...Any luck yet? It looks clean.....

You know I too would sell my super clean 1992 SC4 if I thought I could get back what I have already put into it which is now $18,500...I don't think that is going to happen even though my car is modified and in showroom condition....Oh well, I still enjoy cruising it around and blowing people away with it anyway...

yeah i was a while back because a really nice sc300 5 speed was up for sale. Right now i'm working on a few things as mentioned above and i found out that the guy still has that sc300. I graduate in dec. so i'm focused on that. I might have a potential buyer here in texas, alot of people that have ridden in my car tell me to tell them if i decide to sell. So if i can find a job early next year i might unload it and go with the 5 speed sc300 plus a gt35r! well see.