R154 to 1uz-fe adapter plate

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

oneeyefrail

can anyone point me in the right direction for a drawing that i can take to a engineering shop to make up the above or anywhere who sells these at a sensible price? thanks in advance

as for a drawing, good luck!!!!! I've tried to find on myself.

As for people that sell them. There are 2 that I know of. Phill Bradshaw and Thor Racing. Phil's is cheaper but requiers the input shaft to be machined inorder for it to work. The Thor racing unit is more expensive but is a direct fit soppositly.

Good luck with what ever it is that you are doing.

I agree there has to be a way to make a drawing to have this piece water cut from a drawing. This piece that they are selling should be $200 tops.

BP

I agree there has to be a way to make a drawing to have this piece water cut from a drawing. This piece that they are selling should be $200 tops.

BP

I think watercutting would be out of the question, it needs to be quite thick to make up the space needed. it seems machining on a mill is the only option. which amplifies the price.

I think watercutting would be out of the question, it needs to be quite thick to make up the space needed. it seems machining on a mill is the only option. which amplifies the price.

water cut, yeah probably not. laser cut, definity. the laser that we have at work will cut metal over 1" thick. I think that it will cut up to 2" thick.

Jake, looking like I am going to have to borrow your R154 an do a drawing for it.

water cut, yeah probably not. laser cut, definity. the laser that we have at work will cut metal over 1" thick. I think that it will cut up to 2" thick.

Jake, looking like I am going to have to borrow your R154 an do a drawing for it.

thats cool you can borrow it. I would like one of the adaptors.

I know this thread is kinda old but I'm about to head to my shop and draw up the 1uz bellhousing pattern, and w58 bellhousing pattern. I need to see if I can track down a r154 bellhousing so I can draw this up also. I've got over 4000hours on a rockwell lathe and 3500 hours on a bridgeport mill. This will be my 3rd bellhousing to make. First one was for a Ford Model A 4 cyl to Chevy s-10 5 spd. 2nd one was ford flathead to S-10. Both of those are in running cars that have 30k+ miles on their setup and are accurate to within +/- .001". I will probably make these drawings available to the public (OH NOES!!!!111) since I personally don't have time to manufacture multiple plates and would like to do the community some good.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0202.JPG
    IMG_0202.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Twin_Turbo_SC400_Lexus 017.jpg
    Twin_Turbo_SC400_Lexus 017.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 37
It wouldn't be an entire bellhousing, just an adapter to bolt the UZ auto bellhousing to the trans. I already have the adapter drawn for the W58 and the first prototype is built. Now its time to do one for the 154.

Wouldn't the adaptors be the same?
If it suits a W58 that came from a JZ engine and the r154 from a JZ, ok the penny has dropped.
You want a 7M or JZ bellhousing or both?

1uz to r145

I just quickly checked with a steel rule, the 1uz bellhousing is 40mm shorter than the one that was on my r154. So it stands to reason the adapter should be 40mm thick. Thats quite a chunk. Getting the centre line spot on is the trick I guess.

The above post is assuming the flywheel has the same offset as the original. Im not the only one who want to get the r145 to 1uz bellhousing adapter sorted. When I do Im going to get a small batch laser cut, between 5 and 10 and pass them on.

If they cant cut 40mm then it could be made as two peice item 2x20mm.

Now that looks the bizz! ed_ma61 is it posible to get a file I could give to the dude at the laser cutters? Or will I have to take the dimensions from my transmission and bellhousing ?

Hey great...the last thing that´s missing is a drawing of the bellhousing bolt pattern (engine side) of the R154 tranny...

if anyboy can post it :) :party:

Ive been in touch with Ed ma16, I will be getting one cut very soon. Ill post up pictures when its done Ed .
Anyone who wants one should speak to Ed direct as he has put all the hard work in. A small donation is all he asks.

Indyman this adapter goes between a 1uz bellhousing and an R154 transmission. So you junk your R154 bellhousing, fit the adapter then the 1UZ bell then bolt the lot up to your 1uz block, Job n done.
I guess your thinking of an engine adapter plate to take an R154 bellhousing?

Indyman this adapter goes between a 1uz bellhousing and an R154 transmission. So you junk your R154 bellhousing, fit the adapter then the 1UZ bell then bolt the lot up to your 1uz block, Job n done.
I guess your thinking of an engine adapter plate to take an R154 bellhousing?

Yes thats right...an engine adapter plate... the background...
1. i dont have the 1uz bellhousing
2.i want to use my supra stage 3 clutch and "build" a new flywheel with offset for the starter sprocket...

thats the reason why the adapter plate between r154 bellhousing and uz block...

i forgot: all is for a swap into my MA70 Supra bj89 facelift