Out and about in the 260

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

400ZED

A mate with a Vl runs 13.6 on street tyres and 12.8 on slicks this thing has credentials, he has always looked at me as not quite worthy. the other day we lined up from a standing start no lights but a fairly even launchi probably get just under two lengths on him in first gearand he slowly winds me back in at around 130-140 ( lucky we were on a private road) which should be past the 400m mark so i am confident of doing him on the track. this thing is easy to drive that is where i make it up no massive loss of traction in first and half of second. and from an on looker/listener nothing sounds as good as a V8 racing a Turbo fast in the middle of the night.

on the way home my mate was driving and we say a 3500Gt ( always had a soft spot for these) it was worked had a not from twin 3" and a kit who knows what was under the hood but i thought we had him from 90 we stuck like glue i have never seen a closer run not an inch only till 140 but just liek he was bolted there. i didn't expect him to keep up but i know he definatly didn't expext us to keep up.

still can't wait till i see an offical time.

400ZED said:
A mate with a Vl runs 13.6 on street tyres i am confident of doing him on the track. this thing is easy to drive that is where i make it up no massive loss of traction in first and half of second. and from an on looker/listener nothing sounds as good as a V8 racing
still can't wait till i see an offical time.
before i go looking through your threads again, have come across it once.
can you gice a quick run throug of whats done? assuming NA and std computer? what else???? sounds FUN

well i did a 13.8 so i was close but i did 2.1 sec 60ft which is down on the VL
Well NA Wolf 3d optimax tune cold ai intake Pod infront of the radiator and extractors -2 2.5' - single 3' at the diff.
the auto with a shift kit and tiptronic controll.
3.73 diff gears and an open diff. running 225/50R16
233rwhp

400ZED said:
well i did a 13.8 so i was close but i did 2.1 sec 60ft which is down on the VL
Well NA Wolf 3d optimax tune cold ai intake Pod infront of the radiator and extractors -2 2.5' - single 3' at the diff.
the auto with a shift kit and tiptronic controll.
3.73 diff gears and an open diff. running 225/50R16
233rwhp
FWOAR 3.7 OPEN diff how can you take off at all? thats a mighty impressive time 2.1 is still quite good though to 60 foot especially with open centre, how do you take off, it would have to break traction on take off right?

the setup in the falcon i'm looking at buying will end up with 3.45 LSD standard crown ECU VN commodore V8 air filter box which i plan to open up in the front with cold air duct, has standard engine pipes etc then goes into VN 5litre V8 CAT and muffler and then out the back. hopefully get the Auto to shift normally otherwise a tiptronic kit may be the go, car would weigh around 1350kg i guess
any idea what i could expect

Crown ECU will hold you back factory people have dynoed stock setups at 150rwhp really quite disturbing numbers. extractors work well on these cars. if you look around there are photos of my car on the site

i have independant rear so in a straight line if i spin it is both but really i get very little splip on the strip an little off the line and a chirp nto second.

if i were you i would look for shorter diff gears 3.9 i redline first at 70kph second 120 third 180-190 (speedo stops working over 160) and i cruize on @100 @ 2200 rpm
i would like 4.1 diff gears and a 2800 stally. that will get it off the line.

if you are keeping the auto ring MV automatics in adelaide their shift kit is awesome.

400ZED said:
Crown ECU will hold you back
if i were you i would look for shorter diff gears 3.9
(speedo stops working over 160)
4.1 diff gears and a 2800 stally. that will get it off the line.

if you are keeping the auto ring MV automatics in adelaide their shift kit is awesome.
thanks 400ZED, i have heard soarer ECU makes better power but it won't plug into the existing two computer crown setup.
although i'd like to have a VERY quick car i will be staying with 3.45 i reckon, the car at the moment has 2.92 and goes supprisingly well but labours a bit in overdrive at 100kmh, i think 3.45 should be just over 2000rpm at 100kmh.
why does the speedo not work after 160, mines electronic in the ford and i believe its using the signal from the toyota sender? at the moment the speedo reads 180kmh at 100 actual but a ratio correcter or something will fix this.
i'll think about tiptronic and shift kit after i get auto working correctly (needs 4pulse per rev pulse generater)

My auto meter speedo doesn't like high speeds it is a 260Kph 5 inch speedo not cheap and it won't work at high speeds it just drops to zero . the odometer is in Miles not KM and every now and then it will drop or gain a few hundred miles. piece of crap and it was $500 out of the states. looks good though. the datsun has 5 inch instrument holes fit perfectly.

so how far along is your project?

either Stock ECU will hold you back but i have spent a lot of money wirring up the Wolf and a whole heap tunning the thing. so Stock ain't that bad.

Tiptronic with the aftermarket computer i had to make up my own Tiptronic as i had nothing to run it so i just have a couple of switches and rember the patern

400ZED said:
so how far along is your project?
i posted in my original "planning 1UZ into XF been done?" so you can check that out for more info. http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2167 . but the short story is it has been done,

i'm buying this thing tommorow.

needs speed sensor setup as the shift proceedure will never pass an engineer? still has other probs to be sorted but the owner who did the conversion himself has been driving it for a year in this state of unfinishness. so atleast its reliable.
may still do this conversion again but with a manual down the track to my other car(yet to purchase still, as the owner of that falcon is going to buy a BA XR6T one of these next couple of months) check out the thread as above and feel free to ask questions, i may post some pics on a new thread down the track a bit