Nitrous Dyno results

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bigdaddeywalt

Sup fellas, dont have the sheets to show because they dont have a printer nor do I have a floppy but... I dynoed my car with a 75 shot with bottle psi at 1100psi and it made 250hp and 295 tq with it starting to run pig rich at about 4500 rpm.

Then I did a 150 shot run at 1100 psi bottle pressure and it made 295 hp and 336 tq, but it ran pig rich throughout the entire powerband once the nitrous kicked in. I think the motor should get alot more hp than what it did with nitrous, but do you guys think the stock ecu is sensing knocking and retarding timing to where its adding more fuel?

I know one of the members stating thathe got 369 hp out of a 150 ahot.
Any advice or comment will be appreciated. Thanks

BTW< it still has stock ecu. I was thinking of maybe going with the map-ecu2 to retard the timing when I spray.

Couple questions for you. Is it wet or dry? I assume single nozzle, so where is the nozzle located in the intake track(pre or post AFM)? If its dry, what type of dry, single solenoid or dual (like NOS brand that raises fuel pressure)? Define pig rich, what is the A/F ratio from the dyno run? Any lean spikes? Pics of setup and dyno run would help,. Can they email a jpeg of the dyno, since they do not have a printer?

thanks for the reply supra, the setup is a wet kit and its located like 4-5 inches from the throttle body ( where the trac butterfly was at previously) single nozzle. The AFR went from a 13.2 straight down to a 10.0 with a 150 shot. Mind you its a stock ecu. Im going to see if i can get a copy of it this week and see if i can post it up here

no lean spikes either, I actually called NX , and they told me for a 150 shot i need to use "62" N2O jet and a "38" fuel jet, I t ran rich, so i jetted down the fuel jet to a "35" and it did the same thing again, ran pig rich 10.0 AFR

DSC00352.jpg
DSC00351.jpg

here are some pics of it installed, the shark single fogger nozzle is under the black cover

Nice setup. 35F jet sounds a little big. The GM LS1 guys usually use a 33F jet. What's your fuel pressure look like during the run? How did the spark plugs look after the run?
I am not an expert on nitrous but I do know who you should talk to. Go to the LS1Tech forums and pm NXRicky (former Nitrous express employee and expert on NX systems) or Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet (Dave from Nitrous Outlet, build amazing custom single and direct port wet setups). Ricky help get my FJO setup, Dave will be building my direct port setup if I can ever save up enough for it:afro:

thanks elh, I dont have a fuel pressure gauge nor an aftermarket FPR, everything is stock, I assume the stock fuel pressure is 38-43psi on the 1uz, so the NX guy told me the suitable jet for that application would be a 38F, I took the chance with the 35F jet. Still ran rich. Thanks for the refferal, I will contact him and see what he says. I know there was one guy in here that got 369 rwhp on a 150 shot, but cant remember his name.
What hp numbers did you make on the 100 shot on the dyno, if you dont mind me asking?

Here is a really old dyno run
nitrousdyno1ba0.jpg

292HP / 312 ft/lbs
Have now switched to an Adaptronic EMS and a 75 shot dry, If I ever get off my butt, I'll go redyno it.
By the way, what rpm are you starting the nitrous at?

nice! Im running the stock LS400 auto tranny and doing 3rd gear pulls, do u have an auto also and doing 3rd gear pulls or have a stick and doing 4th gear pulls. On a 4th gear pull I got 295 hp and 336 tq with a 75 shot but then did a 3rd gear pull( cuz I didnt realize it was in 4th gear until I saw the mph which was 147 mph) and got 250hp and 295 tq from a stock 206 hp and 214 tq.
We ran it till it got to 3rd gear then let the revs come down to 3000 rpms and mashed it, of course I have my nitrous engage at WOT wide open throttle.

5 Spd R154 tranny, 4th gear pull. Unfortunantly auto trannies "suck" alot of power. Agreed, WOT or TPS switch is a must. Also recommend a rpm window switch and a FPSS. I run a Cold Fusion setup, so the jets are a little different. Don't remember off the top of my head, will have to go look up.

Thanks elh, I appreciate all the info youve told me and Ill see what I can do to make this puppy run a lil better.
I will also be getting the rpm window switch thas a must!:happysad: I know that the auto trannies suck alot of juice, im thinking of gettin a higher stall for better launches.
So at the end of the day, do u think the stock ecu is retarding the timing and dumping more fuel? or maybe the jet size is too big? cuz by ur dyno charts u went rich but not pig rich like I did, What mods did you have back when u did that dyno run as in fuel upgrades? All I have is a Walbro pump

The timing is conservative on the stock ecu already, so you are probably safe with a 100, possibly more. I would just try a smaller fuel jet. If you're unsure, start with the 75 shot and back the fuel jet down till you get it dailed in on the dyno. Then call NX and ask for a recommended fuel jet on the 150 shot based on the fuel jet you use in the 75 shot you set up on the dyno. I was also using a walbro fuel pump.

Ive already sprayed 150shot and she takes it just too rich.
Once again elh all ur help is appreciated very much bro and nice talking to you. Im going to bed now:sleeping: to get some ZZZZZzzzz

I've got an SC400 that dyno'd at 207 whp without the nitrous then with the nos it dyno'd at 301whp and 496 torque.... I guess you can call my Nitrous system a 150 shot...

Nitrous and a torque converter is a wicked combination....

hey jibby, do you have the dyno sheet where it shows your hp/tq numbers? 496 tq is a lot to gain with 150 shot.
I would like to see your AFR map if you dont mind
I take your still running stock ecu with no piggy back?

I have trouble posting pics on this forum for some reason...

If you search "Jibby's dyno results" you can find the pictured dyno results..

The torque number increase was very impressive when I dyno'd..That is the main reason I blew my stock tranny, too much torque was the case...It has to be the drivetrain setup that I have that caused the torque numbers to jump like that...It more then doubled with the Nitrous... I compare your gains to mine and the whp gains are close under the 150 shot but the torque is way off... Nitrous in general causes the torque numbers to jump and I am suprised your torque numbers are not greater to be honest.... Remember I dyno'd with an automatic tranny, and you are probably manual tranny dyno...That changes things alot.. I have a dragon torque converter, Supra TT LSD, and light weight smaller diameter tires and rims then stock in the rears... All that makes for more torque at the wheels...

I should be dyno'ing again in a few days because of the cams I am about to install in my 1uz-fe with Lex...I will have Lex post the results on this thread...That will be my most recent dyno result showing the torque numbers exploding at the wheels with Nitrous...