Miata Swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Anyone know if this swap would work. Miata is small and light. If we can fit a 3uzfe into it, then it would really going to screem. The 90s Miatas are very cheap. You can pick one up for about 2K. 3UZFE with a Whipple on top and change the hood. Have anyone done this yet?

I heard the miata only weights about 1900 lbs.

It would be a cool swap but y not just buy a 240? Its cheeper, looks better, you can get a soft top if you wanted. id go with the 240 or AE86 but thats just me.

WOW... tell more about it....... You are using W58 with stock Crown ecu control? Would you please give me info please. I noticed u are using Rx7 engine mount. Other then that, its pretty simple swap... at least sounds like...

You could easily enough fit one in. There are a handful of 351 Windsor swaps floating around. Not just little ford v8's.

IMO, the miata is too girly, y not just buy a 240? Its cheeper, looks better, you can get a soft top if you wanted.
wtf. Miatas are cheap as dirt to buy, own & insure, were made longer & stronger, and 98% of Miatas ARE soft tops... Tho you can still buy aftermarket hard tops easily enough.
They both fairly easily do 250bhp with any generic turbo. While the Miata has easy access to RX-7 parts. I think they look better too. If you think they're "girly" that's why there are as many Miata body kits & custom work done as Civic's have LoL!
It costs next to nothing to turn a Miata into a daily driving track car. Not to mention they eat 240's alive. :\

Generic Miata with a common 220whp turbo, & common cheap suspension parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Youre right, i didnt mean to say girly, my bad.......cuz the fact of the matter is i got smoked by a sleeper miata a few weeks back. (stock body/wheels/exahust, you could hardly hear the turbo) Maybe its because i have really only seen stock miatas, never a hooked up one. Stock for Stock, miata would probibly out do a 240, maybe even in drifting. But anyhow, rag top car would flex like crasy. You would have to install a nice cage, as you would also have to do in a S13. S13s are also dirt cheep to buy own insure and all that.

And as you could see right as you posted i was taking out the girly part because after thinking about how bad i got smoked i felt i had to change it : -D

"wot joo talkin bout willis?"

the bullet roadster is exactly what youre talking about isnt it? blown too!

I was gonna post that ChrisK (a famous engine builder in the USA out of texas) has an LS1 in his miata and its sick as hell!, but now we have a member thats got a uz in a miata! and it looks as if it fits better than a damn stock miata motor! hahaha

AWESOME

I would never drift a miata.... the 240 is like built to drift, no way a miata would school the 240 in drifting. In autocross there are always a ton of miatas, no doubt they are good for autocrossing, but when they start to loose traction, you better bet they will do a complete spinout, no saving it by drifting. I see it happen all day long with experienced drivers. Hows the weight difference with in the nose of the car now with the V8 in there? On the handling aspect

RE: AEC Bullet Roadster

i've never driven one, but from what people have said about them it's no hack-n-slash job. a lot of work went into the design and i think balancing the car out as best as is possible would be high on the agenda. (they chose the all-alloy 1UZ sepcifically for its anorexic weight)

they do cost a fair bit (last time i looked around 100,000 AUD - 75,000 USD), but good god they would be a fun little go-kart to drive.

i dont mean to sound trivial, but when looking at the bullet roadster and its beautiful spaceframed front end, i couldn't help thinking how much dirt would get thrown round the engine bay (and air filters) every time you drive in the rain/dust/mud. for a hundred grand you'd want the wheels enclosed off wouldnt you?
its a pity the sales didn't take off as much as the creators had envisioned. they should have wound the boost up a bit more to bring power up to the 500hp level, and made it look less like an engine-swapped mx5, and lighten it up some more.
actually, for the amount of stuff they did to build it, im surprised they didn't just start from scratch with the body and chassis, so they could claim it to be their own. how many people would buy something they can have built in a few months for half the price?

340i said:
i dont mean to sound trivial, but when looking at the bullet roadster and its beautiful spaceframed front end, i couldn't help thinking how much dirt would get thrown round the engine bay (and air filters) every time you drive in the rain/dust/mud. for a hundred grand you'd want the wheels enclosed off wouldnt you?
its a pity the sales didn't take off as much as the creators had envisioned. they should have wound the boost up a bit more to bring power up to the 500hp level, and made it look less like an engine-swapped mx5, and lighten it up some more.
actually, for the amount of stuff they did to build it, im surprised they didn't just start from scratch with the body and chassis, so they could claim it to be their own. how many people would buy something they can have built in a few months for half the price?
my car owes me less than $7000, that includes the car