LPG Conversion Kit

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Technocarb.com was mentioned in a previous thread as having a reasonably priced electronically controlled LPG/dual fuel system. I would love to see someone try it. They are just across the border in BC.

1UZs are OBDII right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know if their kit is CARB approved? I try to contact them but no luck. However, I will try again today. Here is a picture of their kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arnout, does that LS400 have the Prins system?

It would be interesting to see the LPG injectors mounted in place of the petrol ones.

I know for sure by saturday when I have the car, I bought it unseen and a friend of mine is trailering it to my shop this weekend. The headgasket blew (no it's not a 7M).
Last week I tuned a Celica ST205 (3s-gte 4wd) with a vialle direct LPG injection system. Very nice kit, although it's not capable of more than 50 hp per LPG injector, so you need to switch to petrol on higher boost (easily done with additional injector map and nitrous map in the AEM)

Got the car here, it's just a simpel evaporizer LPG system that runs the LPG in the intake pipe just after the air flow meter.

I bought the car for the LPG system only to build that one over to a soarer I have to import (still gotta find one). A customer of mine wants a soarer V8 on LPG.
The seller said it was a gas injection system but now the car is here it turns out it is not. So I'm gonna call the seller first to ask some questions

Arnout, does that LS400 have the Prins system?

It would be interesting to see the LPG injectors mounted in place of the petrol ones.
Nearly all LPG cars here are dual fuel, so you won't see that much. Running it dual fuel (petrol on cold starts) is actually a requirement for the G3 emissions tax discount here, although it's never really inspected after the initial install, so once the car is converted and registered as such, you could go back to single fuel LPG.

FWIW LPG vapor injection kit manufacturers (like Landi, Prins and many more) actually recommend injecting the LPG not directly at the port, but about 4 inches up the intake manifold, to allow better mixing with the intake air. You're not misting the fuel like with petrol port injection, you're basically pouring a slow stream of vapor into the intake air. Needs a bit to mix properly, apparently. I haven't seen any "petrol injector delete" setups yet, so no first hand experience whether this is really necessary or a bit BS. In any case, it shouldn't apply to liquid injection. So you could perhaps put those injectors in place of the petrol injectors.

I do know there are not many LPG kits set up to deliver more fuel than about 50hp per injector ; some vapor injection systems go to 60-70 or so, but that's about it. These kits were designed to save money on grocery getters, not much else. Then again, they have evolved quite nicely and suit high performance purposes as well.

It's probably a good thing to mix in some petrol at peak power anyway, or use a flashlube kit, to keep from burning valves. LPG, as a very pure and clean fuel, lacks the dopes present in unleaded petrol that offer some protection to the valves and valve seats (in the form of ash deposits that are actually a good thing in this case...). It's like going from leaded (much more effective dopes) to unleaded, but again. This is the ONLY downside to running LPG, from a technical point of view. On most cars the heads will still last 100-200 k LPG miles without precautions, but they may burn faster when the power envelope is pushed and no precautions are made.