lexus v8 running gas

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

urtwhistle

hey just asking some more questions for my project (only on paper atm)

has any 1 ran a lexus v8 on lpg gas ? my bro in law mentioned that some engines need to have special lubrication on the valves which normly would be done by the petrol it self.
to my knoledge i will have to run duel gas converters. ( gas research)

my end result im hoping for is a 260z running a supercharged 1uz runing solely on gas, so far peopel say it would be interesting to see how it would go, and others say its just a waste of time. but me i just want to take my bro in laws little award for best hp for a lpg car lol.

i been thinking would u put the gas converter b4 the sc and pump gas through the eaton m90 or would put the scharger b4 the gas converter and pressureize the gas converter

im still learning, my father is very anti car modifiing so its pointless asking him questions .

cheers all

I've seen some lpg setups using stock-type injectors, not sure if the original ones would work, but might be an option.
The valves that I remember from years ago weren't very good for fine tuning.
A stainless exhaust is pretty much a erquirement with a supercharegd lpg car.

Running LPG would give a cooling benefit to the charge.

I would think you need to have the mixer before the charger as the mixer requires atmosheric pressure to run.

PM Edz as he is well down the track of looking into it.

arr cheers, i wonder if the car is running gas like u said zuffen, would have the same benefit to intercooling.
personly i dont like the idea of running gas through an intercooler, u have a crash and car goes woooommmmffff lol

wat do u mean about the valves, would they need to be a different type of metal, or better sealing ? wat years do you mean like b4 like 1990 im just trying to figure it all out.

thanks

The valves used in alloy engines will live wth gas.

Usually it is the valve seats in cast iron heads that fail. Some cast iron heads had the valve seat machined into the casting and did not use a separate valve seat. British cars were well known for this. I would be surprised if older US models were not the same as it was chaep and worked wellgiven the low compression ratios and leaded fuel available in those days.

The year models referred to did not relate to 1UZ-Fe engines.

there was a sc400 running a SC 1uz on gas with methanol injection.
I think that it would be awesome. if anyone was building a kit car it would be the way as cars runnig gas do not need to be tested or need to be less than 5 years old.

I thought of it when i was starting my project. i am sure there is the potential for real HP. only problem is carrying enough gas for the 500 fly wheel HP she won't be a long distance vehicle.

always good to see people doing something different.
( even if is a little similar to my car)

hey wat can i say i love the zed's alll ways have.

im trying to convince a guy to sell me his 260z which has jag rear end and ford 351.
. it looks like im going to have to run duel throttle bodys and duel converters with duel fuel lines. it's going to cost about 3k i think.

urty

hey i got another little idea, do u think if u slowed the amount of water running thourgh the gas converter could u make the air temp alot lower with the air still semi liquid in the intake. only prob would be if it was freezing the intake up.

just an idea. might be a possible idea

hahaah u people are gonna hate me after awhile, i came up with another idea (i couldnt sleep)

just an idea b4 gas runs through the converter . u could run the gas in to a pipe that surrounds the intake pipe after the throttle bodys. in my limited knoledge when the gas enters the larger volume container the pressure should drop and the liquid should change to a more gaseous gas, and thereoy get extremly cold.
after the gas has partly changed to a gas u could then run it to the converter to complete the process. then complete the circuit normly.

gas%20diagram.JPG

what do u think. it was just a little idea i came up with cos i couldnt sleep. so i thought i better write it down.
if it works, i think its a preety good idea for a high school student with limited knoledge cars and chemistry lol
please tell me if the idea is flawed.
cheers

i think something like this could work but the problem with the theory is that its not the volume change that would cause the cooling. its the presure change. you would need some sort of staging it the presure from the line to the intercooler and then to the mixer. i dont know it you could run the mixer on the lower presure and if so how much temp drop you would get from only a small change in the presure.

still an idea worth talking about.

V8 Hilux

Don't forget you will already have a cooling effect from the gas dropping pressure when it enters the inlet air stream.

Propane is used a lot in the US as an intercooling agent.

yeah as i said it was just a litle therory that came into my head while i was in bed lol.

do u think the gas would kool it enough to get resonable power.
would propane cool the same as methanol injection?
wat about putting a a injecter straight into the intake plenum. squirting liquid gas straight into the air stream. it would have to be a real fine spray or it would freeze the jet closed.

oh well 1 day i will come up with an idea that is good.

The gas you inject into the plenum would not be accounted for by your ECU so the engine would run rich.

According to the experts the gas does a good job if cooling.

Also you need better company in your bed!

hahha yeah im workign on the company part, maybe i should do some experimenting when i actualy get something that aint pen and paper.

urtwhistle said:
yeah as i said it was just a litle therory that came into my head while i was in bed lol.

do u think the gas would kool it enough to get resonable power.
would propane cool the same as methanol injection?
wat about putting a a injecter straight into the intake plenum. squirting liquid gas straight into the air stream. it would have to be a real fine spray or it would freeze the jet closed.

oh well 1 day i will come up with an idea that is good.
The gas as it goes from a liquid to a gas does cool the intake charge a lot!

I have a LPG computer and hand controller that does just that, it squirts the liquid LPG in through injectors.

cyberdiamond, soo are you injecting liquid gas as an extra? or are u running a complete gas injection system?
or are u using say just 1 injecter squirting into the intake pipe, and controling it via computer?

wat brand is your gas system, this sounds very interesting to me.

cheers,
urty

No it is a stand alone gas system (not as an extra to petrol)

EDIT: what I meant was it can be run dual fuel but only petrol or LPG not both at once.

It was a prototype from Liqui-phase.
They had several cars running this liquid LPG system through factory injectors.

when i do my, car it will only be running gas, i beleive it will make it a little more user friendly only running 1 type of fuel,
hmm i think i might have to do some research in to this liqui-phase ppl