launch control / anti lag

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fruitysupra

Hi all, its been a while since i have posted on this forum (have been busy building a house and becoming a dad so had little time to spend on the v8 supra).
After a couple of successful show seasons here in the UK with the 1UZ Mkiv Supra i had decided to take it off the road one last time in an attempt to build it for what i always wanted a car for, drag racing. now i am not expecting to brake any records, i do it for the fun of it and my knowledge, although i believe good has gaps (the same as my wallet right now!)

something i have decided to work on is a rear mount turbo set up. i have no fuel tank in the back and like the idea of having a turbo set up which could be fairly easily installed and removed without removing the engine.
I already have a Hx40 turbo, up rated fuel pump and adjustable fuel regulator as i do not wish to go for silly boost and at this time am not in the position of buying a stand alone ECU. The plan is to have the turbo set up with its own oil supply in the boot removing any issues of causing damage to the engine should something happen with the turbo.

Now being mounted at the rear i have been told this will caused a great deal of Turbo lag so was wondering about using some form of launch control / anti lag set up to get the turbo spooling at the starting line. I have read that step launch control is best suited to drag racing and would like others advice on this and info on what sort of set up i should be looking at. also i guess the 2 step launch control could remain on the car if naturally aspirated as well.

It may be worth noting the supra remains automatic with just a B&M Ratchet shifter replacing the old one.

THanks

If I was in your situation I would replace the auto with a GM Powerglide 2 speed auto as this is the preferred drag race gearbox that will allow the turbo to spool up on the line.

Lag isn't a problem in drag racing once the turbo has spooled up.

Typically rear mount turbos do not create as much lag as people think.Just use a slightly small hot side and you won't even notice a difference....and obviously a high stall torque converter if running an automatic....