Just to confirm - Stock ECU works ok still without the AT connected? (650E)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Spinnetti

I know lots of folks have done manual conversions - What I'm not clear on is if the stock ECU has any issues with all the trans plugs disconnected? Looks like I have a line on getting a standalone TCU for the 650, but unclear if it will give me ECU issues without anything connected to the stock trans plugs... Thanks!

Spinnetti

Thanks George. So do I just need the TCU to provide particular signals back to the ECU or is there no practical way to run a aftermarket trans controller without also replacing the ECU? (anything plug and play to replace the ECU/TCU?) The trans logic works horribly in a race car. A bit at a loss on how to fix.

Last edited:

Spinnetti

Im in the USA. Do these motors do well with a retune? If so, have any numbers for it? I'd be interested in being able to run a standalone transmission controller, and also have improved engine tune. I have no cats, very open exhaust and intake, but otherwise basically stock motor and exhaust manifolds.

George_R

Staff member

Spinnetti

So I have a 1uz vvt not a 3uz... So nobody is running manual successfully with 1uz vvt, or is it possible to tune the 1uz also? (98' GS400). Maybe I'm asking the wrong question - My real need is to improve the shift logic of the 650E attached to a 1UZ VVT. What's best way to get that done? Thanks...