IR manfolds and adapter plates

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

turboteener

We have all seen the price of the IR kits that use the Toyota 4AG throttle bodies. How much interest would there be in a set of adapter flanges that would allow you to bolt a set of motor cycle throttle bodies onto our heads. There would not be a normal manifold so this plate would basically put the throttle bodies on the heads. This may be a problem for guys with really heavy cars, but for the rest of us. It would be a reasonably priced upgrade.

Hi, having just watched my son take .25 of an inch at a time of the intake tube on his 50 cc go ped,what he found was that a pipe 2 " long gave good top end and little bottom end, as he shortened the pipe the bottom end hauled, but not a lot of top end speed, does the same principle applys here, i think we need some runner in there somehow, could we keep the exisiting runner from pelum to head and just make an adaptor to go on top of the existing runners, i was looking at Mitsi 2.5 l v6 they seem to think runner length is important as they have a double route built into there manifold with a valve arrangement to shorten or lengthen the air path.the Mitzi throttle bodies on the 2.5 v6 were 64mm bore a little large and only 70mm high.
I read a BMW article recently on intake runners on th 7 series and it said the same thing.
Maybe another model car throttle would do the job.

Best Regards
Lambo

Long runners give low down torque at the expense of up end torque.
Short runners are the opposite.

Similar way to what cams do.

This is why cars these days have TVIS or ACIS or similar. Its an attempt at the best of both worlds, like VVT is to cams.

Sounds like a great idea, you should build a prototype and see if it could be run with the factory ecu with fuel pressure adjustments only.
I've thought about making a form to take down to our local foundry, but no time these days.

Sorry I don't have the Factory ECU. I am going to go with Megasquirt. Since this engine is going in a race car that weighs 1500lbs I don't need nor do I want a bunch of bottom end torque. Bottom end torque also kills my transmission.

There may be a way to use stock lower runners, I'll have to look at it and see.