iPod SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

canman44

I have for a long time wanted to install an iPod hook up in my SC400, so I can escape the 90's and stop using CD's, but I really have no idea how to do this. I have some electrical jimmy rigging experience so I'll prob understand a bit of any technical lingo. I was wondering if anyone has done this to theirs, if so any pointer would be damn sweet.

Can anyone suggest to me how I can install my iPod in my 92 Lexus SC400. I guess what I'm looking for is a way to connect my iPod so I can listen to it through my car stereo. I currently use iTrip and I'm looking for a better quality connection.. Please be gentle as I am not at all car-literate. Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
I have iPods hardwired into both of my LS400's. Easiest way is to throw out the old deck and install a modern deck. The majority of cd player manufacturers offer a hardwire option specifically for the ipod. Also, I believe there are a few kits out there that can be spliced into your stock radio harness but never tried it. If all else fails get a good name brand Am/Fm transmitter for iPod.

I run a double din 7" TV for both vehicles and with the huge visuals plus touchscreen options, iPod is the only way to go. I have 5 days worth of constant media playback not including movies in a 120gb iPod that is stashed out of site in the glovebox. I used to buy cd's over and over until these kits started coming out years back and it really saved time and money in the long run.

Ask your local stereo shop, most of this stuff is universal so it shouldn't matter that your drive a lexus.

Last edited: