ID this part and function please!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,

Can someone ID this part and the funtion of this part. I can delet it? Its the piece right behind the OBDI port. Right about the what is this text.

Its a vacuum switch valve as you guessed.
Give it 12v, and it opens up, take away the power/earth, and it closes.

Not sure what its used for.
I know EGR systems use them, as do some Cruise Control systems.

I think it might have something to do with EGR. One of the secondary vacuum line goes to EGR. It might have to deal with cool start or activate secondary fuel pump relay but not sure......

on my crown cut it goes from manifold vac to charcoal canister, so I imagine its a purge for the canister, does it switch the vacuum on or off?

It is a canister purge solenoid so the ECU can allow the engine to purge the vapours in the charcoal canister at the appropriate time, most late model cars have these solenoids.

You can mount it where ever you want if you want to move it but it should stay connected if you plan to use your charcoal canister.

just remove it

the power for it comes from the black with red trace that powers up the idle motor

the earth is controlled by the ecu

if u go on and off with the throttle with ign on u can hear it click on and off

just remove it and block the vac lines

Just out of curiousity, My 92 LS400 motor had two of these. The wiring diagram on the main web page says one is the EGR solenoid and the other is the fuel pressure solenoid. On mine the EGR solenoid had a black/red and a green/red wire.

Not to sound negative but maybe you should double check the wire diagram before you remove it.

Then again I could be wrong. :)

the fuel pressure solenoid one should have vacuum lines to the manifold and to the fuel pressure regulator
this valve is on the engine and no part of it goes to the body

where as the charcoal canister one has one vacuum line goin to the left hand inner guard area and that is what the valve is in the pic

even if u did remove the fuel pressure one all it does is very slight drop in fuel pressure when u are off throttle i think

this gives it a slightly leaner mixture at idle due to afew psi less fuel pressure

i think they both make slight difference once u fit the engine into another car

OK, I'll unplug both solenoids when it gets back from the exhaust shop and run the vacuum line straight from the manifold to the FPR.
Thanks. Again, you have continued to help me in finishing my conversion.

leave it out it is not an input to the ecu
its an output

cut the plug right off at the main loom

If you don't run your charcoal canister and this purge valve, your car wil have that fuelly smell on hot days as the fumes expanding out of the fuel tank will just vent to atmosphere.