iacv mod

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

taka21

this is probably a stupid question but ill ask it anyway,

can you run a breather filter on the iacv hose and cap off the bung on the inake and still be fine?
97 1uzfe

Not a stupid question at all. You can't do this with your stock ECU and MAF setup, because the MAF has to measure "all" the air going into the motor, including the idle air.

However, it's done quite often on 2JZ Supras that have been singled and equipped with a standalone ECU and a MAP setup. K&M make a nice little breather filter that fits fine on the Toyota IACV inlet.

Not a stupid question at all. You can't do this with your stock ECU and MAF setup, because the MAF has to measure "all" the air going into the motor, including the idle air.

However, it's done quite often on 2JZ Supras that have been singled and equipped with a standalone ECU and a MAP setup. K&M make a nice little breather filter that fits fine on the Toyota IACV inlet.

thats so weird cause you would think that because the maf is before the iacv that the air would be accounted for

That's just it, once you disconnect the IACV and put a filter on it, the MAF doesn't see it anymore, and that upsets the AFR.

aaah ok i get it.
the reason i was inquiring about this is because im fabing up a cold air intake for the uza70 supra and the piping im using doesnt have the bung for the iacv. its aluminum and i dont have the means to weld a bung on so im looking for options lol

You could drill the pipe and use a bolt in union.

Have a look in electrical or plumbing supplies store for bolt in glands or even irrigation systems for a threaded union.

You need to look "outside the box" for parts sometimes.

You could drill the pipe and use a bolt in union.

Have a look in electrical or plumbing supplies store for bolt in glands or even irrigation systems for a threaded union.

You need to look "outside the box" for parts sometimes.
indeed lol
ill look into it in the morning after class
thanks for the insight