Hydrofan setup..?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Big

Ok peeps..not sure if this is where i should post this but he we go..
Can you place a switch inline to the hydrofan ecu power feed to effectively turn it on and off thus slowing down the fan - shutting down the soleniod to slow the fan downor even off??
Reason I ask is when going through a river crossing/big mud bog..I have had mud/water being sprayed all over everything and it just puts more strain on the fan,pump,drawing more water/mud through the radiator..I get good temps and I can see that it would work but is there any side affects that I might miss...? ie,main ecu going into limp mode..? etc etc..curious as to if anyone has done this..?Would I be better putting a resistor and a dialup switch like a dimmer switch to control the fan speed in cabin..along side the ecu..just looking at my options..cheers all

There's no reason why you can't turn the solenoid off by cutting the power to the solenoid.

Are you using the Toyota Fan ECU to run it? If so it could be easier to cut the power to the ECU and see if it turns it off or turns it on in a "fail safe" mode.

What you propose makes a lot of sense.

The hydro fan will suck up small children and medium sized dogs if you let it.

LOL i hear ya,Sounds like a friggin jet engine when blazing fulltit:jester: ..I've put a switch to the power feed to the fan ecu(might run it through a relay but as of now just a plain switch)..I think it'll be ok as when it's off the fan seems to spin(Very slowly and with little force-I can stop it with my hand and feel the pressure) but just enough to allow the fluid to move through/keep flowing just a little so it won't cook..so to speak..i'll keep monitoring it for a bit just so I don't cook anything and if it's good then It could be considered a mod of some discription..hehe:nutkick:

the solenoid does not fully block of the passage

this is a safety system incase u blow a fuse ir stuff the wiring or ecu

the solenoid full yshut still allows fluid thru so the fan will never fully stop

only way would eb to stop the fluid flow