Has Anyone Run AV Gas in the 2UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

smokeysevin

Hey I was just wondering if anyone had run low lead Aviation gas in a tundra 2UZ before because i have acces to it I just wasent sure if it was ok to do. I think its around 121 octane.

Thanks
SEAN

i wouldn't. modern cars are made to run on unleaded fuel. not to mention lead kills people.

I was just going to take my truck to the drag strip and i wanted to see if real high octane gas would improve my times by a noticable amount. but if its going to fudge up my o2 sensors then im not going to.

thanks
SEAN

I believe it'd take quite a while to stuff your o2 sensors, so a couple of runs probably wouldn't hurt. The ecu would take a little while to get teh mixture right though.

X2, and you can always replace the sensor anyway!

just run your tank near empty, then half fill it with av gas... drive it to the drag strip on av gas, and see how she goes... lol

because you want to go slower? with fuel that costs you more?

Burnt avgas does smell sweet to a petrohead though :)

Attachments

• Ported M90.jpg
    Ported M90.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Stock m90.jpg
    Stock m90.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 5
Higher octane fuel actually has less potential energy then lower octane. The benifit is that the higher the octane the less likely it is to predonate making it possible to run higher compression and/or more boost and make more power that way. Unless your engine requires you run a higher octane it isn't doing anything for you except wasting money.

but hey justin, could do wonders for your install..... till the rods go offcourse, I wonder what would be the limit on the stock 1uze,

up compression, alter ignition timing then drive avgas, that's the correct follow up, not run avgas first then find out it doen't do anything. ie: Justin's right.

grtz Thomas

Yeah sure would Striker....getting hard to source though and our higher octane unleadeds are pretty good with some booster or toluene thrown in.

At a smidge over 400rwkw i think i getting close to the limit of the stock rods ;)

Fuel i'm hanging out for is E85, not here in Oz yet but sounds like great hp potential ?

Nah E85 is higher than that. We too have had 98 for years and have a Shell 100 now which is 10% ethanol. I think E85 is up around 105 RON??? certainly produces decent gains over 98 once tuned for it

Hey Justin that's funny because when I go my local shell station and look at the cap on the pump nozzle, it says "E85 ron95"

anyway we can't get higher than euro98 which is supposed to be ron98 overe here. quality seems to be very good over here.

Grtz Thomas

Maybe i'm getting my octanes and RONS mixed up again? Just seems strange to see the new Exige lay down another 20kw or so on E85? i assume they have 98 in the UK