LPG injection

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Marc, have you tried to start the car on gas in the cold weather? Or do you always start on petrol, let it warm up and then switch over?

If someone did a conversion to straight gas (no petrol system at all), and installed a block heater, and/or a little inline preheater for the gas, or even heat traced the LPG tank, I wonder if you could then start OK on straight gas in freezing temperature?

If you preheat the coolant i cant see why it wouldnt start and run perfectly on gas. Needs the heat to prevent the convertor/regulator from freezing.
In the USA dont you have preheaters or something? Even Canberra doesnt get real cold but too cold for me.

I have installed the Romano Heavy Duty Injectors to a 95 LS400.
It's in Canberra ( Cold )
No Issues.
Owner loves it.

I will be doing a 4 Runner with a 1UZ in it in the next few weeks.

$4,400 was a BARGAIN.... Bloody BIG job..hahha

any of you guys running dedicated gas??Any problems that anyone knows of??

In a few months(hopefully)i will be installing a sequential vapour injection on mine and going to remove the petrol system.

vapor gas injection without fuel

any of you guys running dedicated gas??Any problems that anyone knows of??

In a few months(hopefully)i will be installing a sequential vapour injection on mine and going to remove the petrol system.

As far as I know, the lpg vapour injection systems start on fuel, warms up, then switches to lpg once the engine is at 40 deg? (I think). So, you would have trouble running straight lpg. Check out the Parnell manual (just one of a few systems) - it has some good pics of the installations - http://www.parnell.com.au/images/stories/General_Installation_Manual.pdf

LPG fitter in St Marys

Hey edz,

well I've got back from my trip to the snow and can confirm that there were no issues at all. It was about -3 when starting so it took a little bit longer to warm up and switch to gas. But once it switched over it ran just as well as normal (and it was still about -3 degrees).

Like I said I can't recommend it enough! I've never had any back-fires or any missing or anything like I had with an old carby system.

I paid $3900 for my conversion (although I guess that was only for 6 cylinders) and had it done by a guy in Mt Druitt in sydney. He really knows his stuff and has tested a heap of systems before settling on the one he installed in my car. I'm pretty sure he even trains other gas fitters around the place on how to install and tune these systems.

Hi marc - I'm pricing different systems at the moment for my 2000 model 5.7 litre statesman, can I get his conact details please. It seems to be $1100 cheaper in Sydney or Melbourne than Canberra.
Cheers Ed

The 4Runner mentioned above is now in Neil's hands. I can't wait to pay 65c/L instead of $1.70 for premium!

Mines done already, picking it up tomorrow!

How good are these new systems compared to the old dual fuel set ups where you lose massive power on LPG. Couldn't do a full power run because my big tyres kept trying to walk off Neils dyno, but on a basic 4th gear pull there's only 3kw difference between LPG and petrol. The petrol in the tank is Synergy 8000 98 octane too!

4runner at Neil's

How good are these new systems compared to the old dual fuel set ups where you lose massive power on LPG. Couldn't do a full power run because my big tyres kept trying to walk off Neils dyno, but on a basic 4th gear pull there's only 3kw difference between LPG and petrol. The petrol in the tank is Synergy 8000 98 octane too!

Neil did well, I dropped in Tuesday and he was in the middle of fitting the gas lines. Be interesting to see how the fuel economy is, should be alot better than the old systems. Ed

Over the last 3-4 years I've become acquainted with the Prins reps in North America and one of them converted his supercharged Cobra Mustang to LPG. He did a full gas conversion, rather than dual fuel, and replaced the liquid injectors with the gas ones, so their locations were optimised. He also optimised the tuning of the ECU as he went standalone with it (which I understand the Prins unit is capable of, IF you know how, or at least know the right people)

Bottom line, with the system optimised for LPG, he actually made MORE power on the dyno than he did with his petrol based system, as the petrol ECU was programmed to pull timing at higher boost to avoid preignition on pump gas, where with the 100-105 octane equivalence of LPG, he could run whatever timing the engine wanted.

So if you can optimise your tuning for the LPG, you may be in for a very pleasant surprise!

The only danger of optimising for a "hot" batch of LPG is that the next batch you get may not be quite so hot..... The amount of nButane in your LPG will drastically affect its resistance to knock, and since the quality of LPG isn't controlled as tightly as it should be for a motor fuel, you could end up with some toasted pistons.

Yeah I had been wondering about that, wonder if there's a way to find out what stations use what type of gas/blend

Had the Ls dynoed today made 186rwhp on gas and 187rwhp on fuel
United petrol stations seem to be the best gas
Blown sc it was a bargain ask my mechanic what a bitch it was to do since it was the 1st blue lpg and as far as i know romano had ever sold to be installed on nothing was long enough or fitted anywhere it usually would. Your set up came out a lot neater due to the fact of no egr system

So far mine seems to keep up okay with 7psi boost without a tune, is going on Neils dyno this Friday. It's the Romano system with heavy duty injectors (really noisy when the bonnet is up)

Attachments

• winch 001.jpg
    winch 001.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 2
  • winch 002.jpg
    winch 002.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 6
  • winch 003.jpg
    winch 003.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 3
  • winch 004.jpg
    winch 004.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 5
  • winch 005.jpg
    winch 005.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 4
  • winch 006.jpg
    winch 006.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 4
Procharger was second hand from states.

My lpg injection has been pretty much nothing but headaches since it went in. Next attempt to get rid of it missing when warmed up will be new 02 sensors...

I 'think' the problem will be with something on the original engine, causing confusion for the lpg ecu. Though, I don't really have a way of diagnosing the lpg, could be anything on it playing up but I know so little about the system, hardly any info out there.