Fpr

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ihiryu

How is everyone installing their Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR)? I'm a bit confused since we have two of them. Are people installing it on the right (USDM Passenger) side of the car?

There is only one on the motor. The LH (inlet) is a dampener and the RH(outlet) is the regulator. I like how you refer to the sides of the car correctly as if you are sitting in it. We have RH drive cars in our side of the world so we drive from your passenger side. Cheers

Ha ha, I'm actually a manager at a shop, but I like to do things myself, so I know the in's and out's of mechanics

hmm I wonder why Toyota put it there then, maybe an issue with captivation in the fuel rail?

Anytime you have incompressible fluids moving in a pipe, and you open & shut valves quickly, you'll have spikes of pressure (ever had water hammer in your house? It can break pipes). The pulsation dampners are there to reduce these spikes.

You can run without them, and many do, but IMO, if Toyota (and other OEM's) put them there, they did it for a good reason. Most OEM's don't spend extra money if it's not needed.