Flushing The Engine Due to Burnt Oil

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stevechumo

My turbo blew the seals, and the oil somehow got cooked and found its way back to the engine through the oil drain line. The oil got so thick and now looks like brownish gel. I removed the oil drain bolt at the oil pan, but the oil couldn't even drip out. You could image how thick the oil is. It's not liquid oil anymore. :sigh1:

I'm not sure if it's because a bad turbo seal that caused it, or it's the bad oil that I used. I forgot what brand it is, it's a new brand. But it's 10w40 and partial synthetic. I never had any issues with brand name 10w40 partial synthetic oil with any of my turbo cars before.

The car can start fine and compressions are 182-185 for all cylinders. Anyway, I'm thinking about flushing the engine. I think about removing the oil pan and remove all of that oil gel, bolt it back up. Fill with 4 quartz of cheap 5w30 oil combining with 1 quartz of Engine Flush bottle. Let the engine run for 5 minutes as recommended by the engine flush bottle. Drain the oil out and do the same step again.

What do you gents think and suggest? Will that remove the bad oil? Should I let the shop with the proper tools to do it? Should I leave the rebuilt turbo in the system (I don't think I should)? I guess I have to fabricate a straight pipe to the exhaust to bypass the turbo. I don't think the bad oil should go through the turbo.

apparently diesel is a good oil flush...

I say remove the sump, clean it out, coat the bottom end with degreaser, wipe as much crap off as possible, refill the engine with cheap oil plus some diesel, run the engine for like 10 minutes, and drain the oil...

do this a few times...

don't worry... someone will disagree with me :D

sounds like your oil has been emulsified.

i doubt an itty-bitty turbo shaft could do such a thing - i'd be checking your oil pump for cracked impellers (i don't know what to call them...knobs?) causing low oil pressure causing your turbo to fail because it's whipped up your oil to Mr Whippy Chocolate Icecream Specification.

sounds like your oil has been emulsified.

i doubt an itty-bitty turbo shaft could do such a thing - i'd be checking your oil pump for cracked impellers (i don't know what to call them...knobs?) causing low oil pressure causing your turbo to fail because it's whipped up your oil to Mr Whippy Chocolate Icecream Specification.
Wow... that is a serious problem. That mean complete engine removal.... Steve... time for the 4.7L....

I had brought the turbo back to Turbonetics for the rebuild and there's no missing part. So I guess and hope no turbo parts got into the engine. I love the 4.7 but I'll hang in there for now...:tongue: