Changes that need to be made

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

White ls400

What changes are needed to be made to run straight lpg on a 1uz
It is going to be a manifold injected set up. At the moment im thinking of going duel fuel but the inlet manifold may get a bit crammed with injectors:33: so would it be much more difficult to go straight gas and will this affect the motor in the long term

Man, I havent seen a car running straight LPG for years.

There are conversion kits you can buy. Basically you need a BIG storage tank, a pressure regulation device of some kind, a delivery / metering device and probably hotter plugs and a re-tune. You can also run higher compression with LPG if you want to. Back in school (a long time ago) they had rings that you could put on the intake in place of the carburetor that did most of the work. I'm sure there have been many advances since them.

I think straight LPG has some starting issues.

White, if you're set on doing a SFI setup, then make sure your local LPG doesn't have a high concentration of nbutanes or other heavies which will adversely affect its vapor pressure in cold weather. If you live in one of the colder parts of Oz with freezing temps in the winter, you may have difficulty getting enough pressure in your LPG tank to satisfy the SFI system, particularly if you're building a boosted motor.

A mixer system wouldn't require as high a pressure, and they seem to be more popular in colder climates. IWEMA Enterprises make a nice system, and of course there's the ancient, but pretty reliable Impco system, and the more contemporary Technocarb mixer system from Canada.

IMHO, the best SFI LPG system out there is the Prins, which uses Keihin gaseous fuel injectors. If you check around the various LPG forums on the net, I don't think you'll find many complaints about the Prins setup, other than about its initial cost.

In terms of long term effects, valve seat recession is always a problem with gaseous fuels due to their lack of additives. If you're running a naturally aspirated motor, you might want to look into a top cylinder lubrication device like FlashLube. AFAIK, FlashLube and other similar setups won't work on boosted engines.

Here's a great place to get more acquainted with LPG technology: http://fuelsforum.rasoenterprises.com/viewforum.php?f=5, and the owner, Frank Raso is also a dealer for the Technocarb products. IIRC, he has a video on the site showing his Technocarb system starting his Pontiac Pariesienne, on LPG, in the subfreezing temperatures around the Niagara Falls area of Canada.

I tried once to run a Toyota 21R " Carbureted" with the regular LPG ..
I use a gas valve controlled by the pedal and a straight hose from the bottle without a regulator ..
Its work fine … But for short period because the gas flow was high and the bottle get very cold and the pressure goes down …
I gust want to try if its work …. hehehe