Aston Martin Vanquish V12 Motor F/S on eBay

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
Just a head's up if anyone has $30K burning a hole in their pocket: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ADME:B:SS:US:1123&viewitem=&item=170178479642

Believe it or not, this is a helluva deal for $30K.

6.0l, DOHC, 460 BHP @ 6500 and it has all the accessories fitted already. Don't think it has the EMS, however, but what's another $5K or $7K when you've come this far?

I'll have half again as much as this in my SOHC BMW motor when it's finished. Grrrrrr.

30k USD is too much for that engine… I prefer to get a complete LS2 and some good cam . easily you can get 500 HP !!!!

30k USD is too much for that engine… I prefer to get a complete LS2 and some good cam . easily you can get 500 HP !!!!

No doubt the $$$/HP of that Aston motor is pretty outrageous. Cheap HP is the Chebbie's forte.

It's kind of like wrist watches - if all you want is the cheapest thing that'll tell you the time, buy a Timex. Some people want a bit more panache, so they buy a Rolex.

For $500 usd you can get an old used Chevy or Ford iron big block motor. Reach into the piggy and throw on some performance alluminum heads, oversized carbs or fuel inject, etc and probably produce around 500bhp N/A... Just a thought if we are pricing motors for power...

A basic LS1 motor with some outside the engine mods can get up to around 400whp if I am not mistaken... Let's not forget about the powerful GM 572 cubic inch crate motors for around $10 grand...

The Austin Martin cars are the best looking cars on the planet in my humble opinion...It's a shame that they are proven to have transmission problems regularly... The motors are very nice...

your you can get a ls7 crate motor for 12grand 505 at the crank from jegs.with long tube headers and a cam change a tune just over 600 on pump gas

I asume nobody has ever heard an GT1 Aston martin DBR9 chasing a GT1 Corvette C6-R on track? that aston is a whole different ballgame.

this years (07) the Panoz cars where deffenatly the loudest LS7's running around the lemans track so I lookud up some footage of an Esperante and an DB9R following close.
the first car is obviously the (blood from eardrums) DB9R the second car that sounds a bit like a tractor on steroids (hadache not from beer) is the Panoz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVYv8VC_8PU

believe me I would spend the extra $$$ to get that sound if I had it.
and I'm probably know for being a cheap*ss over here allready..... (some even say scottisch....:biggrin: )

grtz Thomas

Hehe, throw a few more Panoz cars in there and the good 'ole boys will be lonesome for Charlotte.

I wonder what a Busch Cup car would do at Le Mans...... on 2nd thought, probably not very well, both the car & driver only know how to turn left.....

Attachments

• DSC00694.jpg
    DSC00694.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC00687.jpg
    DSC00687.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00686.jpg
    DSC00686.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00692.jpg
    DSC00692.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 0
That's at least the second time those Lamborghini marine engines have gone up for sale. The first time was $32k, no bids. Looks like nobody wants to pay $19.5k either for a pair of engines in need of a rebuild.

Attachments

• bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 8
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 6
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 8
  • manifold.jpg
    manifold.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 7
  • under manifold.jpg
    under manifold.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 6
  • yella terra yt 1500.jpg
    yella terra yt 1500.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 6
Florida/USA People can't drive/tamme purebred Brittish go fast machinery?

:wall:

sorry coudn't resist

Grtz Thomas

Florida/USA People can't drive/tamme purebred Brittish go fast machinery?

sorry coudn't resist

Grtz Thomas

"purebred British go fast machinery?"

Hehehe, now there's an entire line of oxymorons ;-)

That Vanquish V12 was designed by Ford when Aston realised they needed a true super motor to put in their super car. Another ho-hum V8 just wasn't going to cut it. Karl Ludvigsen devoted several pages in his V12 book to the development of that motor.

Probably the reason the Masers are for sale is the smugglers had to find something faster ;-0

well they did win at le-mans this year with their prodrive build engine.....
but indeed you're right, they where developed from the duratec V6, not by simply merging 2 together but a lot of desing stuff was used.
sorry was just being stupid in the previous post o'course :swordfight:

grtz thomas