Cast Aluminum Rear Drop Sump for 1UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Anyone know what the sump dimensions need to be to fit in a hi lux or a surf. Have been asked if my sumps will fit but never had a look at a lexus powered hi lux or surf. Probably from the trans face to the crossmember and the bottom of the block to the crossmember will do.

Thanks

Hi Marcus, What do you mean by full set. Still haven't got to machine the sup or trans pan yet due to other commitments

Well it's been a lot longer than I thought due to other commitments but have finally machined the 1st sump. As you can see by the pics I will have to make a couple of changes to the patterns as I have no lugs inside for baffle plate. Also have to miss 2 holes on the base without major changes to pattern but I don't think they would be an issue leaving them out anyway (thoughts???) Not sure how they compare volume wise to a stock sump but they hold 11 litres when filled to the very top. Have not checked a stock sump. Next is the trans pan. Hopefully that wont take as long

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably in the region of about $800. Still have to have a few changes made to the pattern for a baffle plate and also around some of the larger holes towards the rear.

Well I know this has been a long winded project but hope to get it happening shortly. I have to modify the patterns before I get any more cast so would like opinions about the depth of the sump. From top to bottom it is just under 200mm. Is this too deep for most applications?? If so what would be a good depth that everyone can use. No point making something no one can use

Well this has dragged out longer than anticipated but finally have the sumps sorted out. They are now 25mm shallower than before more material on the flange face and provisions for a baffle if required. The trans pans I had clearance issues with and have to modify the patterns so i'm not putting a timeframe on them this time:D. I have one of these available at the moment for $500 (below cost) as a couple of the holes at the front are slightly out Can either drill slightly larger or file the side )and they need a bit of clearance ground out at the pickup flange (about 2 mins with a die grinder) also need the sump plug drilled out. Next batch should be back from the foundry end of next week so should be available the following week depending on the supply of the pickup pipe.
DSCN0751 (800x600).jpg

DSCN0762 (800x600).jpg

DSCN0763 (800x600).jpg

DSCN0764 (800x600).jpg

DSCN0765 (800x600).jpg

DSCN0766 (800x600).jpg

DSCN0767 (800x600).jpg

DSCN0774 (800x600).jpg

Well I know this has been a long winded project but hope to get it happening shortly. I have to modify the patterns before I get any more cast so would like opinions about the depth of the sump. From top to bottom it is just under 200mm. Is this too deep for most applications?? If so what would be a good depth that everyone can use. No point making something no one can use

My sump extends about 75 mm down from the engine block.
(not disregarding the drain plug, which is recessed on the side of the sump)

Anything deeper than that would be a challenge for me, but my application
is very far from mainstream.

I am reasonably confident that my 1UZ stems from a Celsior after October 1994, but not long after.
And I have no reason to think that the sump is not original.

75mm ?? that would only be the alumium piece wouldn't it?? I have modified the new ones to 175mm but I know that different people want different things.

I have never seen a sump that is only 75mm deep unless it's a dry sump which wouldn't be factory. Is the part you are measuring tin or aluminium and does it run full length of the block or only part of the way?? Put a picture up, i'm sure others would also be interested in seeing this setup

I have never seen a sump that is only 75mm deep unless it's a dry sump which wouldn't be factory. Is the part you are measuring tin or aluminium and does it run full length of the block or only part of the way?? Put a picture up, i'm sure others would also be interested in seeing this setup

my guess is aluminium or maybe some other light weight stuff

it is NOT a dry sump
(whish I had one of those) usually about 5.5 liters of oil there

no, it does not run the full length, its a front sump Toyota engine,
(my guess is from a Toyota Celsior) (late 1994/early 1995)

I have absolutely no reason to think that this is not original
it looks pretty much the same as other 1UZs I've seen around in scrap yards

(hate taking photos but I have a photo-taking-machine, will see what I can do next week)

If it doesn't run full length then you are only measuring the lower pan not the complete sump. The rest of the sump is between the lower pan and the base of the block

If it doesn't run full length then you are only measuring the lower pan not the complete sump. The rest of the sump is between the lower pan and the base of the block

what you say is quite right,

what I measured was the part of the sump that extends the longest distance downwards from the block (i.e. the front part of it)

maybe this photo thing works out;

DSC00015.jpg

this the front part of the sump,
measured again this morning, 7.5 centimeters down from the block

left and right side to follow

Last edited: