98 engine rebuild for boost

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Dave.pritchard....

Hi. I have a 98 from a ls400. I love the engine I have it swap in to my is200. I got some thick rods from a older 1uz. Look to know has anyone fitted the older rods to the vvti pistons and ran boost. I know I set of forged pistons would be best but if the standard pistons or good with thicker rods.
only plan on 450-500.

Dave.pritchard....

Can you remember what the numbers where. Can find much on the form about it. Think someone sad that there good till about 15 psi

dweinhart

Hi. I have a 98 from a ls400. I love the engine I have it swap in to my is200. I got some thick rods from a older 1uz. Look to know has anyone fitted the older rods to the vvti pistons and ran boost. I know I set of forged pistons would be best but if the standard pistons or good with thicker rods.
only plan on 450-500.
With good tune you could pull it off. Your injectors wont handle it so you will def need bigger ones.

Last edited:

Dave.pritchard....

Have a set of rx8 injectors there for it and I have a set of thicker rods to. Getting bits gathered up
Have hx40w turbo but it has a 19 exhaust housing think it will be to laggy and if it’s not I’m not shere if it will be big anuff to make power.