3uz oil filter in MK3

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

air4swun

I know the oil filter housings are all the same on the UZ blocks. But is it possible to retain A/C by using a 3 uz oil filter mount? Im asking because I can get a 3uz oil filter mount for 25 bucks and dont have to worry about taking the filter so far away from the engine block. In addition to keeping A/C. Don't crush me for wanting A/C I live in El Paso now. When its 80 in El Paso it feels like 95 becuse the sun beats everything on the face of the earth here.

Here's a pic of the 3 uz housing3uz oil mount.jpg

not all of the housings are the same. SC400 and ls400 housings are completely different.
you want the sc400 housing for your mkiii.
I have 2 1uz supras so I'm pretty familiar with your problem.

I have a ls400 motor though with the sc 400 pan swap. The ls400 mount fouls the steering gear box even with no oil filter on it. The 3uz mount is just swept forward as opposed to the ls400 1uz that just points down. I know the lextrme adapter will work but i would also have to buy a remote oil kit and hang it with lines. then figure out some way to keep the lines out of the way of the AC belt, suspension, and off the very warm engine block. Just trying to keep the oil filter close, and retain AC.

The bolt pattern onto the block is the same for all the filter brackets or housings from 1uz , 2uz and 3uz. The 3uz housings is almost the same as a sc400 but has more bracing. 1uz (ls400) sweep backwards and the SC400 and 3uz sweep forward. Cheers