Project Thread 3.3ltr whipple into Ls400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
icon1.gif
Wanted, a/c pump, auto bellhousing and flexplate

Hi all,

im after a a/c pump, auto bellhousing and flexplate for a ls400 90-95 model.
im located in sydney an can pickup if local or cover for freight

There is No substitute for cubic inch, except for BOOST !!!!
"91 LS400" Argo rods, CP pistons 9:1, Custom Tighte Cams, Whipple supercharger 20psi,
Torsen Lsd, Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

Last edited by a moderator:
i was asked to post some pic's off the belt system i have to drive the sc

Attachments

• main belt.JPG
    main belt.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 27
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 29
  • lower pulley.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 17
  • lower pulley 2.JPG
    lower pulley 2.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 25
  • adjusting palte.JPG
    adjusting palte.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 23
  • idle wheel.JPG
    idle wheel.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 22
Ok, bit of an update.

I have the T56 + clutch lines, pedals, yoke and wiring for the installation, as noted in past post.

plus now i have the bellhousing/flexplate an cad drawing to do the T56 adapter plate install.

So, as a starting point, im going to do a HD 10.5" 26spline single clutch, same as in the late model mustang on a custom 11 1/4" flywheel to finish running in the engine, after that i then will upgrade to a triple plate clutch.

now its a matter of $$$ for the clutch, flywheel an adapter.

Yeah there was more in the tune but even 270-80 rwkw is pretty decent considering how much they take to drive at 16psi?

It definitely needed more WI in the plenum so a good chance for the new owner to tap in an extra nozzle or 2?

Whatever, it was never going to touch the TT setup....just worlds apart i'm afraid.

Yeah there was more in the tune but even 270-80 rwkw is pretty decent considering how much they take to drive at 16psi?

It definitely needed more WI in the plenum so a good chance for the new owner to tap in an extra nozzle or 2?

Whatever, it was never going to touch the TT setup....just worlds apart i'm afraid.

True, there was still about 50kw or so i think with better cooling.

Yeah i final got my WI kit too,
coolingmist 250psi pump with dual solenoids an a couple of 180 an 250cc injectors,
the solenoids will be used to create a dual stage WI system pre an post SC.

True, there was still about 50kw or so i think with better cooling.

Yeah i final got my WI kit too,
coolingmist 250psi pump with dual solenoids an a couple of 180 an 250cc injectors,
the solenoids will be used to create a dual stage WI system pre an post SC.

I know what u mean there, i did say to someone that if i wasnt happy with my setup after run-in, that i may go for a pair of gt35/40's instead :eek:

I reckon you'll be happy with it :) Twinscrew is more efficient so you'll make more hp/psi boost.

If my setup sat under the bonnet line i'd probably have tried to develop it a bit more but i really missed that mid range punch the turbos deliver.

If you do go turbo forget the garretts...those ones anyways. The new Borg Warner turbos are definitely the best bang for buck around, if not the best outright turbo at present. The new light weight wheels and and package design is pretty darn impressive.

The only garretts that would touch them would be the new GTX3076R with the Tial turbine housings?....dammed expensive though.

has anyone seen the new whipple frontmount Supercharger yet, here is a pic of the new design of a 2.9ltr charger.
photo.php

Attachments

• new front mount sc.jpg
    new front mount sc.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 24
Yea Harrop have similar package for the Holden's..
Intercooler etc... Seen around 420 rwkw...

Bonnet clearance is the problem with front mount pulley..

I dont think that will be a issue, i think the throttle body mounting plate is more off a problem if u have a good look, as it is higher then the pulley an u can always go for a smaller pulley anyway.