Project Thread 3.3ltr whipple into Ls400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i was LOL while drinking JD's with a front seat view, who needs to watch soapies on tv :D

no not all are

Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

UCF21 Torsen investigation report

Well, i found out more about diff's over the weekend than in the last 12 months. I found this great site called toyodiy.com (tip.. when looking for something, type this into a google seach..
eg: 1996 Supra JZA80 toyodiy.com ..and the look for toyodiy.com in the address of the examples......
I sused out the diff part numbers for all the Supra's, UCF10's and UCF20's, UCF30's, Chaser's, Soarer's, GS's, SC's, Aristo's.and V8 Crown's
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Goddddddddddddddddd !!!!!!!!!!!!
Ive got part numbers comming out of my !@%^$ ears !!!!!!!!!! :(
I have nine A4 pages of numbers.... i recorded diff case (open or LSD), side shaft, which is the stub axle coming out of the side of the diff which is different for open or LSD, companion flange (what the tailshaft atatches to), and final drive (ratio) part numbers...........
Its gunna take me a few days to digest all these numbers and decide what fits what...... AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :((((

Last edited by a moderator:
time for a update

just in the process of picking up my t56 package.
i was able to pickup a complete manual conversion from a v8 vx commodore ute, thats a t56 with a flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, peddle box, lines, tail shaft for a sweet price.

next is to order my boot mount water injection kit with 6 nozzles (2 pre sc an 4 post sc)

then start on the w2a intercooler

what are duel TB's ?

on this setup for now, im using 2 x 70mm throttle bodies (Dual TB's) which work at the same time, not staged.

[QUOTEnew mufflers coming out that are supposed to be like the borla ATAk systems as far as sound ][/QUOTE]

I am running straight thru magnaflows, will these improve flow or is it just a sound change?

update on w2a intercooler

this is sort off the design of the w2a intercooler i will be building for this setup.
single row 4 laminova core setup for a richwood manifold, but if someone can get me the spec's off a bullet manifold, i can make it to suit it too, if parties are interested?
I just need to go over final measurements and all is good before sending it off to get machined.

its 410mm long x 210mm wide x 65mm high.
overhungs by 17mm each end on the manifold?
3 piece design, main core an a end plate at each end.
has 3/4 in an out for coolant passage, (in front, out rear)

upon reviewing this design, i found that it would be best suited for this setup.
why?
my bypass for the blower is mounted on the back face off the manifold, not on the topplate like most other uints.
this will allow the air from the blower to pass throught the intercooler before looping back throught the sc again.
this is good to keep air temp down to a min, while idling, criuzing etc.

and no, will not fit under bonnet, so will have to look at new bonnet design to cover setup.

i do have something in mind, bonnet bugle of a ford xr8 boss with a extra small scoop mount up the front to cover gearing, so the hunt is on at the panel beaters, etc for 1.

not going to cut my original bonnet up.
Will get another, an cut both bonnets up, marry the 2 (LOL) an weld it all up.

with all this work that needs to be done, have split into 2 stages
stage 1, 6 speed w water injection an rego
stage 2, W2A an bonnet

Attachments

• 4 row core b.jpg
    4 row core b.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 4 row core t.jpg
    4 row core t.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 4 row end.jpg
    4 row end.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 8
pretty bl**dy flash i'll say.....

NOt sure what u mean by that?

well, the drawing is a 3d view from a program called emachineshop.
its a free program i found that will show items in a 3d view, very eazy to use, has front, back, left, right, top an bottom views, state what materials ur using etc, an can export final work as a .dxf file.

Im not too sure on that just yet?

they say that, each core is good for 150hp-175hp, so with 4 off it should be good for upto about 700hp?

i have seen same writeups on these units where, inlet temps where around 180c an are down to 70c, but these units where slotted tubes in a manifold not a machined blank of alloy.

with the laminova core, you can adjust the amount of coolant flow throught them by
1. changing the hole in the plugs that go in each end of core
2. the pressure that coolant is pumped at
3. the size of the in an out passage of intercooler "mine will be 3/4" "
4. coolant mixture
5. size of heat exchange unit

so these factors will play in to how much the temp will drop?

i will be making the provisions for mounting some water injection nozzles in the top off the intercooler to help improve on the cooling affect.

the only true test is to see how well this works, is to mount a air temp pre and post intercooler (i have air temp pre sc now, an i will add 1 to manifold for post) an play around with the flow an pressure and the size off the holes in the plugs to get the best affect, before i use the water injection on top for improved temp drop.

hypronet intercooler

i'm just looking at the 3 drawings of the intercooler...... but i can't see where the water flows thru it..... It looks like fluid comes out the end plate, but then flows straight into the intake charge ????
please help... :(

i'm just looking at the 3 drawings of the intercooler...... but i can't see where the water flows thru it..... It looks like fluid comes out the end plate, but then flows straight into the intake charge ????

There is an end plate at each end. Water flows through the center of the cores from one end to the other. The fins increase surface area to transfer heat. The also have the desireable effect of smoothing and equalizing pressure between the before cooling and after cooling plenums.

LOL
the picture doesnt show the cores, just the housing?

Coolant flows in 1 off the endplates, then throught the laminova cores to the other endplate.
here is a picture of a core, for those who dont know what they look like, an what it will sort of look like when finished.

Attachments

• laminovadiagram1.jpg
    laminovadiagram1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 9
  • intercooler2.jpg
    intercooler2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 9
One big benefit of your design is it should even out air distribution between the cylinders.

I know John Cribb has had problems with rich/lean cylinders and I had the same until I went to an intercooler.

Laminova's are as good as you can go.

It should work a treat.

w2a intercooler

i see, that makes perfect sence...... Now why do you think a laminova core set up will cool more effectivly than a radiator core like whats on a car's cooling system ?

It's all about temperature differential and surface area. It will be interesting to see the results.

Great work.