2uz crank in early 1uz?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ihiryu

So if the rods are the same length, what stops us from using a 1uz block, with a 2uz crank, matched with 1uz rods and piston? I'm sure at that point we'd have interference between the valves and pistons though.

I did remember someone mentioning the girdle was different between the two?

The reason why I ask is cause I already have a 1uz in my supra, and was thinking about building the motor soon, for a bit more power.

-Steve

I think someone here has tried it, and it should go in fine. I seem to remember there was some minor relieving of the 1UZ block for the swing of the rod, but other than that, it worked. We're talking about less than 1/16" difference in stroke, so the relieving couldn't be that much (if at all). You'd probably need to look at how much negative deck clearance the pistons would have, and either do some machining of them, or go with a thicker head gasket, or order up some pistons with a slightly higher wrist pin.

Are the 72cc's of additional displacement worth it? Not in my book, unless you were already doing some of these other mods anyway, and happened to have a 2UZ crank laying around.

Sounds like 2uz block swap time? Also, just as a heads up I inspected my 2uz crank and its not forged like the 1uz but cast instead. The casting flash is still there in a couple places.

that's actually what I was thinking about Cribbj. I was thinking the height of the piston is different between the two. Because I remember Lextreme saying something about the height of the block being different (thus the extra stroke).

But yeah, you're right all this extra work for a little more? Nah I'll just save up for cams instead ha ha.

SPF: I'm just worried about the height of the 2uz since I have a ghetto single manifold fabbed up. I didn't want everything to get shifted around as I barely had any clearance as it is.

-Steve