1UZFE Alternator wiring diagram

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ivan129

BlownZX
Hi, Wondering if some one could point to where I can find the wiring diagram for a 1UZFE alternator. I'm doing and engine swap 1UZFE into a 300zx

Just need to clarify the following.
My alternator has three wires in the plug:-

Thick White/blue wire...I assume this is the sense (connects to battery +12V)
Thin Yellow wire... not sure weather this is indicator lamp or IG +12V
Thin Black/Yellow... not sure weather this is indicator lamp or IG +12V

Also wondering if anyone can tell me weather the alternator will charge if the indicator lamp wire is not connected. The Z does have a charge lamp.

Large white - Sense wire - connect dirrectly to the battery
Small yellow - Connect to the charge lamp
small black yellow - ignition switch.

For the alternator to work correctly and to give the best lifespan it needs to be wired as toyota intended. Without the lamp it will charge but it is not recommended. Cheers

The colour code varies year to year model to model.

You will need to do a little checking but it's easy.

The alternator has 3 terminals (I'm not counting the large battery terminal).

Looking at the rear of the alternator it has two terminals that run parallel to each other and the 3rd is at right angles/perpendicular to the others and form the bottom of a "U" shape. The 3rd terminal is on the left hand side of the others.

The perpendicular terminal is the "S" terminal which goes to the battery via a 7.5 amp fuse

The top terminal is the "L" terminal and this goes to the charge indicator. The indicator light is fed power from the ignition switch so it is live only with ignition. From memory the alternator will charge with the globe out of circuit.

The bottom terminal is the "IG" terminal and is switched 12volts. This must be switched or the engine won't turn off.

I have an SC400 diagram but the wire colours show as black/yellow or black for terminal "IG".

White for terminal "S"

Yellow/green for terminal "L".

I hope that helps and hasn't just made you more confused.

Hi Guys

Ivan129 sorry to piggyback onto your thread, but I also have a question on the wiring.

I would like to connect the alternator onto my existing wiring from the Jeep, but can't seem to figure which wire goes where.

The jeeps has only two wires, a green and a white/ dark blue wire.

Green - Alternator field driver
White/ dark blue - Alternator source.

Do I connect the small yellow to the white / dark blue wire from the Jeep and the
Small black yellow wire to the green wire from the jeep and the white to the battery?

If anyone can help me with this please I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

The three wires on the alternator connector are connected to:

1. Battery (hot all the time)
2. Ignition (hot only with ignition on)
3. Starting (hot when starting)

You should be able to see the pin numbers inside the alternator connector, but if not, it should be from right to left, 1/2/3, looking into the alternator connector.

Also, you may find the wiring diagrams handy here: http://www.lextreme.com/misc.htm, however the one for the charging circuit is a bit confusing, IMO.

If you'll PM me with an email address, I'll send you the Lexus overall wiring diagrams for the 1UZ and they'll include the charging circuit.