1UZ-FE LPG (carb manifold/EDIS/ditch ECU)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zukijames

I have been fighting wiring issues or other things for nearly 2 years with my 1uz swap.

Have narrowed current issue down to possibly leaky caps or other ECU issues, AFM, TPS ? Maybe more idk fuel regulators?

I give up

Plus for what I do ( offroading) the simplicity of a Impco 425 mixer set up would be great

Any advice would be great

Need a carby manifold ( could I just cut into the upper part of stock intake and fit a Holley 4 bolt carb plate?

Well if you want to keep the fi and keep it cheap and easy use a spitronics ECU. Easy to set up and 1?8th the size of the stock plus comes with with harness to suit. If you are using the stock auto they have a programmable trans controller as well. I have just fitted both to my 37 chev and its the best its ever been. But if you want the impco then yes just modify the stock manifold but you will need and ignition controller or fit a dissy. If the stock ECU is causing you problems then using it for ign and trans is probably not a good idea

Hi i got myself a 4 barrel manifold from a guy in new zealand,Its a very nice cast four barrel manifold but does owe me $900 landed,I looked at turning my stock manifold into a tunnel ram of sorts but it was going to be too high.

Attachments

• 20131127_170804.jpg
    20131127_170804.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:
Datjas, do you have the contact information for the source for these 4bbl carby manifolds? It would be useful to post as the question comes up frequently.

Hi yes the man I used is John Harcourt. He is Old school I had to wait till he was at his sons business to process my purchase with a credit card but a nice bloke.I probably waited 2 weeks to get the purchase under way and 3 weeks tops for it to arrive.

00116433497263 is his number with the area code ect from Australia, other countries may need a different prefix. If I remember spot on the manifolds are $800+tax+freight. I think it was around $945 all up.

Also for people thinking of going this roote my distributor new was $400 delivered straight from mallory including them reversing the advance plate so it ran the correct way.It is a ford flat head 3 bolt distributor.
Adapting it at an engineer cost me $150
Coil and leads another $150
Carb was another $480 delivered + $100 for associated jets and needles as I was tuning myself
Fuel reg $50

As you can see you could easily afford an aftermarket cpu along the lines of microtech ect.but for me I could tune it myself the dizzy has 16 degree of advance which works for me and no one around me wanted to tune a cpu in the boat.No worries about cpu getting wet in my boat ect.

Datjas, I have many questions on the dizzy setup. I have seen the Mallory flathead ford dizzy on a 1uz before and I plan to go that route. I just have no info on setting it up, I have figured out a intake and carb but this ignition system is going to be a cluster f^%k. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks. -justin