1UZ - 2wd Hilux Engine Mount CAD files

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Muzza_NZ

Hi troops,
I've had a few PMs about my engine mounts, so here is the cad file I've created - Autocad 2000 format

It would be great if someone could convert it to PDF format and post it back here.

Muzz

schneidy1 said:
Anyone got any 3vze 4wd to 1uzfe engine mounts cooked up
I could probably draw something up....

I've got to replace my engine mounts soon as the ones in there seem to have failed or something....one side has sagged about 20-30mm.....So I now can't remove the oil filter, and the oil filter is also hitting the chassis on large bumps...time for a remote filter I think!! The oil filter has always been a little close for comfort to the chassis.

Not sure how long before I do swap some new one's in though...I'm really lazy at the moment....

Hi,
I used holden v8 engine mounts in my conversion, as well I used the gear box mounts as well. I am fitting the 1uzfe with the four speed auto box into my 86 nissan wagon.
I used holden engine mounts with the 308 I had in before and after 10 years I had no problems.

Muzza_NZ said:
Hi troops,
I've had a few PMs about my engine mounts, so here is the cad file I've created - Autocad 2000 format

It would be great if someone could convert it to PDF format and post it back here.

Muzz

Muzz - Email the Acad file to me and I'll host it for downloading. PM'd my EM to you.

did these CAD files get posted anywhere? I am working on getting my 1uz into my 96 taco (US) and need to start working on these and getting an ecu.thanks!

HI John,
I've just sent it to Cebby and he will probably host it somewhere - don't take them as perfect, as each application is quite unique - I've often found that its best to get the engine sitting in position and just make them exactly as you want them - should only take a day at most if you're handy with a cut off saw and welder.

Muzz

Thanks Cebby,

Yeah as mentioned above, its proabably best not to use these drawings to produce a final product, rather use them to assist in creating your own.

There is always a trade off with positioning your engine, for instance:
Low - may have sump clearance issues and have to move your alternator, but give a better centre of gravity.
high - bonnet issues, gearbox fouling on tunnel
back - may foul on firewall, tunnel, hand brake, and may have to move gearbox, but you will gain enough room to have pull fans on your radiator etc
forward - no problems with firewall etc, but push fans may have to be used on radiator, and piping could be a problem. Also driveshaft will have to be lengthened.

It depends too on what type of sump you get, and whether you would consider modifying it extensively or building a custom one...

Hope that helps,

Muzz

not everyone will be able to open a dwg though - i'll save it here and print it as a PDF and then send it to cibby for you.

.:edit:. i'm having issues opening the file - is it R12, 13 or 14?

AutoCAD 2000. I'll convert it - I asked Muzz specifically for an AutoCAD file. Is a PDF adequate, or do we need older versions of AutoCAD too? I'm on 2004 currently.

I'll do the PDF, I have a full version of Acrobat. For the Autocad files, I can do R12 and I'll do a DXF also. I don't have an option for R14 (thought I did...) Hmmmm....

Cheers lads,
from memory Twisty_toy94 PDF'ed them originally for me, and I know Lowboy cadded his up as well - would be handy to have a place to host all cad typed files if people are prepared to volunteer them...

Muzz

If David (Lextreme) doesn't wish to, I have a number of places I could do it. I have autocad 2004 and a full version oof Adobe Acrobat, so I can do some conversions to offer up the various file formats.

I would consider making a dedicated page just for it if folks are game.

Here's something I did for one of the members of my Tool and Fabrication forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to point out that the mounting plate for the block in these drawings are wrong, at least for me.

I found a discrepancey in the hold spacing between the holes that are further away.

The distance on the drawings says they are 105.0625, when I measured at 105.6 instead. Good think I double check or I would have had to re-drill a new plate.

I didn't really use this design, but I used if for some initial measurments.

Here is a picture of my mount.

motor_mount.jpg
engine_mount.jpg

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 73