1995 instrument binnacle

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hi all, I've lost the backlights to my needles and gauges, I know there's a fairly common problem with the capacitors on the earlier models but can't find much advice on mine. They worked perfect on the donor car and averything was lighting up at some point before I wired the ECU. The wiring diagram I have is a little vague when it comes to the combination meter but as far as I can tell I have earths and power where they should be and the gauges do appear to be working fine. Can anybody tell me which wire provides the power for the illumination or is it just one of the red/blue wires on the blue plug pins 1 and 7?
Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Lee.

Hi all, I've lost the backlights to my needles and gauges, I know there's a fairly common problem with the capacitors on the earlier models but can't find much advice on mine. They worked perfect on the donor car and averything was lighting up at some point before I wired the ECU. The wiring diagram I have is a little vague when it comes to the combination meter but as far as I can tell I have earths and power where they should be and the gauges do appear to be working fine. Can anybody tell me which wire provides the power for the illumination or is it just one of the red/blue wires on the blue plug pins 1 and 7?
Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Lee.

If you can wait 'till Sundat evening Lee, I can send you the dash wiring diagram. I'm 150 miles away from home at the moment on holiday.:D

Thanks for the help and the offers guys, I've completely stripped the binnacle and had a look if there's anything obvious or burnt but can't find anything. Gonna try a couple more things tonight and let you all know how I get on. I'm convinced at the moment it's something I haven't got connected or connected wrong. If all else fails I'll buy another, there's a couple on Ebay at the mo.
On the bright side I am getting quite adept at pulling them apart and reassembling, did mine at dinner today in about 20 mins :D

It's beaten me, spent a few more hours on it tonight and getting nothing on the backlighting. Everything else works perfectly as far as I can tell, even the charge light which wasn't working until tonight. There's just no power at the pins that seem to supply the backlighting tubes, I get power and earths at some of the pins that I'd expect to light the needles but don't. Forgot to mention, the odometer doesn't work either. Think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and buy another one :confused:
@ Samsdad, I should imagine by the time you'd shipped one over it'd cost a small fortune. There was one on Ebay quite cheap, I'll have a look if it's still on and place a bid. Thanks for the offer.

It's beaten me, spent a few more hours on it tonight and getting nothing on the backlighting. Everything else works perfectly as far as I can tell, even the charge light which wasn't working until tonight. There's just no power at the pins that seem to supply the backlighting tubes, I get power and earths at some of the pins that I'd expect to light the needles but don't. Forgot to mention, the odometer doesn't work either. Think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and buy another one :confused:
@ Samsdad, I should imagine by the time you'd shipped one over it'd cost a small fortune. There was one on Ebay quite cheap, I'll have a look if it's still on and place a bid. Thanks for the offer.

I have one from a '94 LS400 for sale if thats any good to you.
£25 + post?

Bought another one and it never arrived, so forced to buy yet another and that's arrived today. Just tried it and it's exactly the same as the original one ie: the needles and the digital odometer aren't illuminating. Can anybody offer any suggestions as to which pins provide power to them and which need earths? As I said before everything else on there works fine and I have had them working but at some point (and I didn't notice when), they just weren't. The instrument cluster is from a 1995 LS400 if anybody has comprehensive wiring diagrams for that model. According to the diagrams I have, everything that should provide power is and all the earths are earthed but they are a little vague.
Please help, Lee.

95 LS400 instrument cluster wiring diagram

If you can wait 'till Sundat evening Lee, I can send you the dash wiring diagram. I'm 150 miles away from home at the moment on holiday.:D

I need a copy of the wiring diagram for my 95 LS400 as well. The dash backlights and needles have been out for a while. I did see them flash once. Everything came on as it should and then it went dark again.

Thanks.