N/A 400hp with a 6 speed

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Brad Beck

Hey!

I'm very new to the 1uz. How much would it cost to get a 1uz to 400hp and it being streetable with a 6 speed. I've been searching quite the lot and can't get a set answer. Also if extensive mods are done is it possible to track the ls400? Ik everyone would say swap the 1uz into another car BUT I want to keep it legal (in my country you can't swap engines).

Thanks!

Brad,

First up;

Where are you located as that will influence the cost of trying to do this.

400NA isn't easy. That's a 62% increase in power from an engine that doesn't do well with N/A mods.

The 6 speed won't be cheap and I would guess you would spend 10 times the value of an LS400 to get anywhere near your target.

Lastly an LS400 would be close to the last car I would look to use on the track.

Brad,

First up;

Where are you located as that will influence the cost of trying to do this.

400NA isn't easy. That's a 62% increase in power from an engine that doesn't do well with N/A mods.

The 6 speed won't be cheap and I would guess you would spend 10 times the value of an LS400 to get anywhere near your target.

Lastly an LS400 would be close to the last car I would look to use on the track.
I'm currently located in India (probably the worst place for cars), I do expect shipping costs ofc and customs can be handled.

My guess would be the bulk of the cost would go into porting the heads, cams, valves, etc.

Yes that does make sense. Also this is probably answered before but why would someone choose a 1uz over an LS? (I like the sound better but power peak power wise the ls does look better).

Ahh I see, the reason why I asked about the ls400 is because it's dirt cheap (for a V8) and from what I heard the chassis is pretty good. Plus there aren't any other V8 options here (in India the best you'll find is a V6 in other options which I don't want). Are there any roller chassis that you suggest because I'm going to change all the bumpers and more anyways because it will be a track mostly. Also this is a project years into the future so no rush

Thanks!

I'd say just be happy with the stock motor and trans - going beyond not worth the money and I haven't found I need any more HP.... BTW, my car is Brilliant on track, and I'm routinely top of the pack with little suspension mods so.... :) To make it quicker, use the differential out of the SC300 which has a shorter final drive. I did that, but also run shorter tires which changes the gear ratio further. That and some 245/255 tires on 8"/9" Enkei RFP1 and coilovers was about all it took to really handle (but I did take 800lb out of it lol) Here's some video of other "good" track cars getting passed by me :) (I have the videos start right where the passing is). There's around 100 cars on track in these races, and we run right up front. In the last video, when I came track from a pitstop, I caught and passed all top 10 cars. The 2nd video I'm passing a Miata into a corner at the fastest part of the track. The last video is from a Supra and shows the top 3 or so with me in front of them. They stay with me a while, but I leave them all behind. We lap most cars, some more than once each driving session (14-24hr race and we refuel every 2hrs)

Last edited: