Yet another 1uz mk4 supra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
You bastards in illinois are lucky having E85 so heavily supported by the state. I am hoping it picks up here in missouri as I would love to run E85. Hopefully with the half dozen refineries they are building it will happen. Quite the build, it looks like this thread started a couple years ago. Stay the course it looks good so far.

The real lucky bastards are Minnesotans, they have E85 at 80% of the gas stations.
Also you are lucky if you live west of Chicago land, near Rockford. There are ethanol refineries all over the country side and they will sell you any blend you like.

Headers should be all welded up by now, I've got to remake the Y up-pipe feeding the turbo for a true divided housing setup. Thats whats on the agenda right now.

Max do you have any pics of the right side of your motor? (right side being that you're at the back of the motor, facing the flywheel)

I'm needing some shots down low to see if there's anything that would foul a coupling & some piping I want to install in the upper oil pan. I think the area ought to be clear, but all I have is a long block without accessories or headers to look at.

Max do you have any pics of the right side of your motor? (right side being that you're at the back of the motor, facing the flywheel)

I'm needing some shots down low to see if there's anything that would foul a coupling & some piping I want to install in the upper oil pan. I think the area ought to be clear, but all I have is a long block without accessories or headers to look at.

John, You still need this pic?

Sure if you can snap one it would be great, especially with headers, etc. I went ahead and put a -8AN fitting in that upper pan, on the opposite side from the dipstick, and am just hoping there's nothing there that'll foul it or its line. Thanks Max.

Any update? This looks like a great conversion for my 4runner pre-runner which currently has the GM350 in it. Would love to giv eit Toy blood again and get rid fo the exhaust leaks. Always wanted to go TT with it.

Fig

Yesterday was the first attempt to start the motor. However all efforts were in vein as I have a defective MSD DIS4 ignition box. Sent the unit back to MSD and hopefully in 10-12 days I will have a working unit.
The very last order of business for me is fabricating a fan shround and selecting a proper electric fan. Putting the turbo low I am a bit cramped on space up front.

Attachments

• diff jzs147 jzz30 jza80.jpg
    diff jzs147 jzz30 jza80.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 64
  • diff ucf1011.jpg
    diff ucf1011.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 61
  • diff ucf2120.jpg
    diff ucf2120.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 61
Finally Running

So Sunday I got the motor started. I used what I think are RAV4 ignition coils driven directly from the AEM ems. The map that CribbJ provided was very helpful ( Thank you John). I still have some small issues to tackle like fabbing a fan shround for electric fans which still need to be purchased since I am not sure which will fit, need to wire up the second wideband controller to ecu, fab holddowns for oddessey pc680 batteries (using 2 of em) and finish wiring them. So close yet so far! I'll post a video of the motor idling later.

Can't view the video until I get home Max, but looking forward to seeing it and some dyno numbers for your beast.

Dyno numbers

John, The dyno numbers are going to be pretty pathetic to what we're used to seeing, but it has no lag and totally fun to drive. I think a .96 a/r turbine housing is in order as I have a .68 on there now.

I've been driving the car for 4 days now waiting for some time off work to make it over to Sound Performance for some performance and drivability tuning. Well today I got the chance to make it over there. Running off the wastegate spring at 9 psi the car put down 310 rwhp on a Mustang dyno.

My setup is:
factory long block except new rings, valve job, arp rod bolts and 1uz-vvt head gaskets
1.625 primaries, 2.5" Y-pipes into turbo, 67mm turbo with .68a/r, tial 44mm WG, 3" turbo back exhaust
ProEFI 128 ecu, dual UEGO widebands, wheel based traction control
1000cc injectors, dual walbro 255HP pumps, high flow fuel rail, coil-on-plug(sequentially fired)
TH400 with 3500rpm non-lockup stall converter, 6spd differential
14" straight blade Spal fan mounted directly to factory 2jz-gte radiator

The car is blast to drive, the 315 Nittos don't allow for excessive tire spinning unless I use the transbrake. But it doesn't take much throttle angle for the rear end to step out. It's got no lag!

Amazing how low end torque can make such a difference in the "fun" factor.

With 4 digit HP Supras a dime a dozen now, a 310 RWHP Supra is pretty blase, but having a fat torque curve down low makes all the difference in driveability.