Yet another 1uz mk4 supra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Please talk Larry into a TT V8 for the SP1 :) That would make a great car! I will actually have the Tundra motor in my car first (non turbo, to work out all engine conversion issues -fuel injection mounts, etc), then hopefully a bored/stroked 1UZ in second.

R-Jay said:
hmmm, must be the difference between a LHD and a RHD car then.... well, it actually looks to sit very low compared to when i mock fitted a 1uz into my parts donor supra... are you using stock soarer mounts???

maybe i should look at making mine sit a little lower when i actually fit it.
Yep, using stock soarer mounts. I don't see how the RHD/LHD supras would be any different as far as engine location. Let me know if you need any measurments.

looking at it all again, i think it's just the angle of the pics... it's all good... i think i'll wait and see how you guys go seeing as you're decades ahead of me in terms of progress.... also, i never actually bolted my engine into the bay, so it was a little loose.... might have to re-try the mock fit.

I got a Precision Industries converter in there right now. I haven't actually bolted the converter to flexplate yet.

Red supra, I have fitted the 1uz into my mkiv and I would like to use a turbo 400 trans. What parts are needed to fit 400 to 1uz bellhousing??? Does the 2jz flex bolt on to the 1uz then you need an adapter plate and converter?? what about tail shaft and trans crossmemmber and what do you use as a shifter???

Sorry about all the questions

Daniel

Hey Daniel, made the transition from sf.com.au to here i see... good choice, hehe...
what did you end up doing with your blown 2jz???

can't wait to see what kind of times you pull off with the 1uz though.
I'm still trying to work out how to bolt my v160 to the 1uz....

anyhow, good luck with your uza80

Actually 98+ extractors from a 98 GS400
Motor is all stock sans piston rings, valve job and big fuel rails for E85.

Actually 98+ extractors from a 98 GS400
Motor is all stock sans piston rings, valve job and big fuel rails for E85.

You bastards in illinois are lucky having E85 so heavily supported by the state. I am hoping it picks up here in missouri as I would love to run E85. Hopefully with the half dozen refineries they are building it will happen. Quite the build, it looks like this thread started a couple years ago. Stay the course it looks good so far.

Very nice way to do the TH400, avoiding any potential issues with a very large GM bellhousing.

The only downside to this setup versus the GM bellhousing and custom flywheel is choice of torque converters. But if one is serious about racing one must buy one of those real nice($$$) Neil Chance torque converters, It allows you change stall speeds without sending the converter out. The converter halves are secured by bolts. SLICK