Yella Terra Supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lambo

Hi Guys, Last night i went to see various cars under constuction with our car club, we visted Race FX in Auckland, this is the company that built the 1uz twin turbo f40 in NZ, he is building 2 more, but this time one will have a supercharger, he is sourcing from Yella Terra in Australia http://www.yellaterra.com.au/charger.php does any one know of an installation of one of these, at the bottom of the page it mentions Forcedair Technologies but there is no mention of it on their web site, this could be another option for the future.
Regards
Lambo

Yella terra

thanks for the info Turboandrew, and blownv8 if the budget was to go on a S/c i think from what ive read it would be a 112, unfortunatley the budget has all gone for the moment. I hope it returns soon
regards
Lambo

Speaking of ForcedAirTech, what state are they in? And why is the Soarer with the Whipple blown LPG/methanol injected 1UZ have the plates POWERHOUSE PERFORMANCE?

Has anyone had any dealings with tehm?

T_Terror said:
Speaking of ForcedAirTech, what state are they in? And why is the Soarer with the Whipple blown LPG/methanol injected 1UZ have the plates POWERHOUSE PERFORMANCE?

Has anyone had any dealings with tehm?

Powerhouse performance feom what i have heard folded up, and the guy with the soarer went to work for FAT. I tried about 2 years ago to try and call them to get a price on a sprintex, but could not find them. If you are interested in twin screw chargers, bullet supercars can sell the sprintex's, or try www.hi-flow.com The web page is shite, but if you ring and speak to hans, and send him all you engine specs and he will properly match your engine to the right autorotor.

Attachments

• Turbo Cobra111.jpg
    Turbo Cobra111.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 318
Neil Griffith at Queanbeyan Auto Tech has recently completed supercharging my '89 Celsior VIP. He has done an excellent job and would recommend anyone wanting to go down this route to get in touch. For the technically minded, my car is now running 8lb boost and is in the process of having a Unichip fitted as well as a 2600 stally and shift kit. Will keep you informed as to its progress.

nforcr said:
Neil Griffith at Queanbeyan Auto Tech has recently completed supercharging my '89 Celsior VIP. He has done an excellent job and would recommend anyone wanting to go down this route to get in touch. For the technically minded, my car is now running 8lb boost and is in the process of having a Unichip fitted as well as a 2600 stally and shift kit. Will keep you informed as to its progress.

What sort of supercharger did you use???

Any pics???

The charger is a "yella Terra" that Neil got for me. They are traditionally fitted to the LS1 engines, but they are a perfect fit for the 1UZ FE donk. Neil has all the info if you want to give him an email ( www.rushimports.com.au )

T_Terror said:
Struggling for traction at teh lights hehe...?

probably not with that huge TRC (traction control unit) bolted in the engine bay ;)

I'm very interested on performance figures too as haven't finalised my FI route yet.

Cheers
M

Watch this space!!

Car goes into C-N-J Tuning next Tuesday to have a Unichip fitted and that should compliment the smaller 77mm pulley that is also being fitted on the Terracharger . The dyno has it at 171.8rwKw and I am hoping for around 200rwKw when I get it back next week. I'm also installing a 2600 stall convertor and stage 2 shift kit as soon as MV Automatics in Adelaide finish building it for me. Then I'm off to Willowbank for the monthly Test n Tune to see what sort of 1/4 mile time I can do.
I'll update you when I get some real numbers. Stay tuned...................

Everyone is quick to bag the terracharger or M90 eaton setups on Lexus V8's, but how many people have driven one or experienced other positive displacement superchargers compared to the M90/ terracharger on the 1UZFE?

I'm very happy with mine. The improvement in power has been fantastic, and I don't think you can get more bang for your buck than the M90/ terracharger setup.

M112 is yet to be proven on the Lexus V8, although it should be better in the higher RPM or boost situations. To get the advantage of the M112 may require lowering the compression ratio (and spending a lot more money) to get the percieved advantages over a M90.
Also, The M112 would be running at a lower speed to get the same boost as a M90. . Eaton Blowers have an RPM range where thay are efficient. We may find that the M112 setups at lower to mid boost levels, are running the supercharger too slow to be in their efficiency range at lower engine RPM's. We could end up with no boost at low RPM, bugger-all in the Mid RPM and most of the boost at High RPM, in which case a turbo may have been a better option.

The best thing about my M90 is the boost comes on very early and is all in the 'usable' RPM range (unlike a turbo where you have lag down low untill boost comes on).

It is yet to be proven that the M112 will supply boost in the usable RPM range for engines that are standard compression ratio and running the applicable boost levels.

Conclusions-
Don't rite off the Terracharger/ M90 superchager setups, as they work extremely well, especially on stock engines.

M112 is yet to be proven. Should work well on higher boost, higher RPM applications. May require engine to be decompressed to get advantages. May sacrafice lower RPM boost and drivability.

I don't belive that a turbo that would equal the M90 in power would be laggy at all. If you add in the hp lost to drive the blower an even smaller turbo could possibly be used eliminating lag.
Would you say that the M90 gave you 40% more power over stock?