Y-pipe, X-pipe, or H-pipe.....

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

xirforever

I'm going to put a new exhaust system on my car, and i have hear that X-pipes and H-pipes are better than Y-pipes. I had also heard that H-pipes are better than X-pipes, but you dont see them often, cuz they are harder to make. Now im hearing that X-pipes are better than H-pipes and thats why you dont see them around often. So could somebody please clear this up and tell me what i should stick with?

Thanks,
Nick

look at the posts (or responses) by JBrady.

This man knows his stuff.

An X pipe will give you the sound you want but more importantly the power you want.

H OR X Pipes

Hi,
In answer to your question us hot rod mag october 2000 is well worth a read.
Article is called Exhaust science explained. hrm say x pipe is best "x robbed a bit at the top but added a bunch down low" at 3k rpm hp went from h pipes 219hp to x pipe 231hp and tq from 384 h pipe to 404 xpipe .
x pipe also raises the exhaust note noticibly to a higher pitch. this mag has a entire test of a chev 355 with different exhausts fiitted and why one type is better than the other, it also dicusses and tests various header tube and pipe sizes, it is the best article i have found for years on exhaust tuning hope you can find a copy, don't know if im allowed to post a mag article up here.
Best Regards
Lambo