y not 1uz head with 3uz block?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Spoka8n

here i am again lookin for different possibility to get more power for my sc400. I've been doin alot of research on the 2uz block with 1uz head.
thought to myself if its possible why use a heavier 2uz block with 245hp/315 ft lb/tq from a tundra, when you can use the lighter 3uz which rate at 300hp/ and 325 ft lb/tq? wouldnt that be a better choice for running an N/A application?:rolleyes:

well i see from the compatibility chart that the 3uz block is compatible with the 1uz block which mean the 3uz block will bolt up to the 1uz head
(please correct if i'm wrong).

So my question is, Is Using 3uz block with 1uz head possible for a sc400? and if its possible, what are the things that you would run into that need customization?
and how come i havent heard of anyone trying this process?

no, mine is a 92 sc400. would vvti has a problem on it?
i wouldnt think so because vvti system is with the head and i'm juz using the block?

All the later blocks, heads and engines are VERY expensive in comparison to the early 1UZ's so you don't find many of us who are using them in swaps, especially the hybrid swaps.

If you have the $$$ to give it a go, then jump in and be a pioneer!

I've been doin alot of research on the 2uz block with 1uz head.
thought to myself if its possible why use a heavier 2uz block with 245hp/315 ft lb/tq from a tundra, when you can use the lighter 3uz which rate at 300hp/ and 325 ft lb/tq? wouldnt that be a better choice for running an N/A application?:rolleyes:?
If you plan to do a mix and match. The block doesnt make that type of horse power. It is the whole stock engine. So with 3uzfe block and 1uzfe heads you will not make 300 hp.

well i see from the compatibility chart that the 3uz block is compatible with the 1uz block which mean the 3uz block will bolt up to the 1uz head
(please correct if i'm wrong).?
Correct but there are other issues. Pistons and Valve clearance, Piston face and 1uzfe head design. You will also need to modify the oil inlet for the VVTi.

So my question is, Is Using 3uz block with 1uz head possible for a sc400? and if its possible, what are the things that you would run into that need customization?
and how come i havent heard of anyone trying this process?
Yes it is possible but why? You will spend alot more than u gain. You basically getting .3 liter more and you will basically need new pistons to mate with 1uzfe heads. I have a 3uzfe block if you are interested.

so you think the weight and the gain of 2uzfe block would worth the block swap? Lextreme, i knoe that u've done it. u got any 1/4 mile time or 0-60 time?
you should shoot more videos on youtube! i would love to see more videos of your babie perform!:p

Not that I've ever heard of and I've been in here for 16 or 17 years. I need to get out more!

There's no benefit as you won't get 300HP from the combo.

The 1UZ head doesn't flow all that much or well so adding 300cc's will only make it worse.

The additional horsepower of the 3UZ in stock form would be cheaper than getting the extra out of a 1UZ.

How about the other way around? 3UZ heads with Vvti on a 1UZ block?
I'm not planning on doing this, but have 2 x3UZ's , one running in car, another going into a long term project. I have a 1UZ block that I bought to get the sump off, -early, allegedly better rods, has unworn bores, bearings look good..
I was going to strip out the crank and rods and get rid of the rest, Is if worth keeping as a spare in case anything weird happens with the later blocks?
Russ