Would anyone like engine weights and measures (make a request)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gte

I have a 1uz and 2uz, and am buying a scale to weigh them

If anyone would like, I can post up different weights, say of the

long block
short block assembled
short block bare
head

Would the forum like this chart (if it doesn't have one already) and if so are there any other requests or additions to put on it? I may be picking up some more extra parts in the future, so let me know.

Is that with a stock rotational assembly in it, and the pistons/rods packaged along side of it?
Or is that fully assembled with those components?

Upper and lower oil pans also? Any accessories?

Our member Cobolt had started a component weight thread awhile back:
http://lextreme.com///forums/showthread.php?t=1805

Here's some of the weights from that thread:

ENGINE BLOCK BARE WITH MAIN CAPS FITTED 37 kg
CRANKSHAFT 26 kg
PISTON & ROD ASSY 1 kg
COMPLETE HEAD WITH CAMS FITTED 18 kg
bare short block: 78 lbs / 35.4 Kg
crankshaft: 56 lbs / 25.4 Kg
cylinder head, assembled 45 lbs / 20.4 Kg

and ideas for others:

connecting rod, stock
piston, stock
camshaft, intake
camshaft, exhaust
intake manifold, upper, pre 1998
intake manifold, lower, pre 1998
intake manifold, upper, 1998+
intake manifold, lower, 1998+
engine mount
engine wiring harness, SC400 / Soarer
engine wiring harness, LS400

This is a project that is probably best done by one member or moderator, and a spreadsheet can be compiled of all these pieces. Any takers?

I'll do so

I was more intent on weighing things for shipping purposes and engine swap purposes, etc ... things that couldn't be weighed on a normal bathroom scale

I'm also going to add some JZ engines into it, as I know some members like to swap those into the SC's and GS's, and they can then compare to weight changes, and estimate shipping weights

What year 1uz? I'm curious to see how well balanced the rotating assemblies are from the factory, some data on the weight fluctuations between the rods/pistons could be some good evidence of the kind of QC these engines really go through.

What year 1uz? I'm curious to see how well balanced the rotating assemblies are from the factory, some data on the weight fluctuations between the rods/pistons could be some good evidence of the kind of QC these engines really go through.

The cycle by cycle variation of effective piston weight is 3gms due to oil sticking to the piston underside, but in order to control NVH japanese manufacturers often go for a 1gm match in piston weight.

Mike

I know this a bit old now, but though I don't post a ton here I lurk quite a bit and I'm VERY curious to get some DEFINITIVE weights on the 1UZFE, regardless of what year (as long as that data is recorded)

I want to know every little detail of what was one the engine. Idealy I'd love a MAX weight with EVERYTHING on the engine, wireing harness and ECU, and headers included. Then gradually take off parts until you're left with just a bare longblock.

I'm under the impression that a bare longblock of a 1UZ could easily be in the area of 360-380 pounds, and a fully functioning motor could weigh in well under 425. If that's correct (or even a bit high) and the data was recorded well and confirmed, then I think many more people take note of this motor for what it's worth.

I know a lot of guys doing VH45 swap who probably would have considered the 1UZ if there was more concrete data about it's weight, and what it was capable of with certain upgrades. Most people here know what a single or twin trubo 1UZ can put out, even on stock internals, but many people don't want that info. They want to know what the motor can put out with intake and exhaust improvements couped with new cams and a tuned ECU. If it's able to make 350ish hp on a stock valve and port and weighed under 400 pounds it'd put it in it's own market for HP, weight, and cost balance.

So hopefully someone here grasps how important weight figures are to some people. I myself am considering the ford 5.0 over the 1UZ because though it's probably a good 50-75 pounds heavier I know I can get it to 400hp on a relatively small budget. I'd be willing to pay 20-40% more for a 1UZ at that HP if the weight was certain, and the HP was certain too.

Would love to see how the 2JZGTE compares if you have one. If you do, please let us know exactly what was bolted on. The flywheel alone can account for 38 more lbs!