Wiring the LS400/celsior 1UZ ECU without the factory transmission?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sniper

Super Moderator
Some may have seen this post

http://www.lextreme.com/1UZFE_Crown_Diagram.html

It goes over how to wire a crown ECU without the factory trans. I have a LS400/celsior ECU which is different of course, here is a pic of it

It is different from the one used in the article shown here,

1uzfe-ecu.jpg

The LS400/celsior ECU has an extra 26 pin plug, and the loom has 3 additional plugs on it that plug into 3 receiving plugs inside the car. So has anyone used the article that Zuffen, KDog, 34FORD and The Giant Tomato helped to create, to wire a LS400/celsior ECU and get it to run without a factory trans? I am trying to get the engine to run in a non-lexus vehicle, without the factory trans. I have a running LS400 parts car that I pulled these parts off of. I'm going to try and work through this myself, but I would like to ask for help from anyone who has worked through this before, in hopes that it may save me time and money in alcohol.

yr post doesnt sound right
what are u trying to do
first pic is of a celsior or ls400 both same shtttttt

second pic is a crown ecu

getting advice is ok but the only way to inderstand what u r doing to get yr multimeter out and start beeping the wires

i gather your putting the 1uz into another vehicle

well what ecu do u have
is it a complete kit
or is it a loom from here and an ecu from there

no one knows what the hell yr doing

Yes, I'm trying to get the engine to run in another car without the factory trans. I'v never seen or worked with Crowns so I didn't know they were different, thank you for learning me :) I have a complete running LS400 that I am pulling the parts off of, so all parts are matching LS400/celsior parts.

So I suppose what I am asking is, other than what is mentioned in the article, what additional steps have to be taken to get the celsior ECU to run?

what is the relationship with a crown

crown ecu is diff to a celsior ecu

either way they all have same principle
look over diagrmas and wire up just the engine ecu
strip all the auto stuff out of it and make sure u dont trick anything
its not needed

now that I know they are different, and I am asking if anyone else has stripped all the auto stuff before. I just don't want to waste my time if someone else has already gone through the trouble of writing it up already. Thank you! for the info, I'll do just that and not try to "Trick" anything. :)

its been said a million times
removing auto and trac stuff from a 1uz harness will cause zero problems

I know, what I was looking for was a step by step guide as was done for the Crown ECU. I'm going to create a guide if none has already been made by anyone.

its been said a million times
removing auto and trac stuff from a 1uz harness will cause zero problems
Is that the key?
i currently have a 1uz that im dumping into an 84 supra, and have an uncut wire harness from a 92 ls400.
I have identified all the connections i need to make, as well as went back to the wrecking yard to pull the other 3 sub-harnesses i missed the first time, but just today i read Phills artical in the FAQs section stating
"The 90-92 LS400/SC400 ECUs seem to be a problem child for some reason – these have 4 x two-row grey plugs and I have had about a 30% success rate with them so far. They all start and idle ok, but for some reason many won’t rev beyond about 2800 RPM. I do not know hwy this is – it makes no difference whether the loom was cut or intact, whether the auto trans is there or not. I wonder if the missing traction control is part of the problem, but it doesn’t affect any other ECU. "

so is this artical out of date?
do you just need to remove the unnessessary sensors/wireing from the engine loom and this will correct the problems?(as i think you are saying here?)

who the fuk is this phill guy and how many has he done
ive wire up over 100 1uzs and never had the problem you are talking about
there is trick to wiring 1jz and 2jz and 1uz ecus
if you wiring them like factory even without the auto ecu they are fine
there is one section that confuses some people and if you get certain feedback on the wires you can get low rpm limit problems
maybe he should diagnose his shite better

anyway ive said this a million times
ive never had to do the trick ecu thing to anyone of my 1uz wire ups
so to anyone who has an rpm problem do some bloody diagnosing and find the fault
and stop telling everyone that you need to trick the ecu

to have 30% success rate is pretty bad
i would never get him to wire up my car with 30% success rate
imagine if he was a doctor who did vasectomies
would you go see him

who the fuk is this phill guy and how many has he done
ive wire up over 100 1uzs and never had the problem you are talking about
there is trick to wiring 1jz and 2jz and 1uz ecus
if you wiring them like factory even without the auto ecu they are fine
there is one section that confuses some people and if you get certain feedback on the wires you can get low rpm limit problems
maybe he should diagnose his shite better

anyway ive said this a million times
ive never had to do the trick ecu thing to anyone of my 1uz wire ups
so to anyone who has an rpm problem do some bloody diagnosing and find the fault
and stop telling everyone that you need to trick the ecu

to have 30% success rate is pretty bad
i would never get him to wire up my car with 30% success rate
imagine if he was a doctor who did vasectomies
would you go see him

he he he he...

i dont mean to be rude
but it shits me these days that no one is willing to do 2 or 3 days of
full on diagnosing to get things perfect when they run into these problems
they just blame the ecu

then wallys on the internet think that im going to hand out for free
heheheheheh

I fully agree sideshow,when i put a 1uz into my bmw e36 coupe i just followed the diagrams on this site,traced and tested where the wires went as the colours were different and disconnected
all the auto stuff and the car ran perfectly no tricking of ecu required.
Its not rocket science but it takes time,you only need a multimeter and draw diagrams if you need too.

Last edited:
Truth is about 90 to 99% are time waisters or wankers
my wife started new job so I have greatly filtered what jobs I do
and if they don't like it they can f off and I don't loose sleep over it
dealing with public sux
I'd rather deal with shop
that's y I don't help much on here
too Many wankers want everything for free

Nigel - I know how you feel. My line is bring it in and I will sort it. Probelm is most people dont listen but the ones that do just dont have any issues.
Jim - All us mechanics and auto sparkies end up as grumpy prick evenually simply by having to deal with customers all the time. Even worse when you know what to do and they dont listen. I've been keeping my mouth shut on here alot too.

Thinking about it I may have what the info and diagrams that are required. I did one about 4 years ago and thought it might be good to record everything. I dont bother saving that info anymore. If you still need them give me a pm with your ECU numbers. I accept paypal.

Cheers

yer i know what u mean bout getting grumpier as time goes on
hopefully in 5 or 10 years ill be living up north of australia and not have to put up with the sheit and work in another industry and just do mail order wiring harnesses on the side
and maybe have a help line over the phone for people who have done the wiring but stuck with afew things and charge 10 bucks a minute heheheeh

anyway dont get much business from this site anymore as most try to do it themselves
so the give and take aint there anymore so i dont give hehehehe
i dont even help over the phone anymore too unless its my wife ringing hehehehe

also conversions have died in the butt lately and with australia getting up the butt with interest rates and price of things we will all be poor

govt give u more money the poorer u are
and taxes u the more money u make
go figure
heheheheheh

5 years ago these and toymods forums were ok
now its a diff crowd that just have one post and usually they are asking for wiring diagrams
and they dont even give back to the forums
i got asked afew times to be moderator awhile ago but always declined hehehheeheh

Last edited:
Maybe you need to come over here once in a while and do some wiring. I have plenty to do and lots of conversions. Mind you we are allowed to do pretty much anything compared to you poor australians. You will only get grumpier and im getting there. Cheers

yer would love to come over but 2 kids might stop me
i spent 3 weeks in queenstown snowboarding and partying about 10 years ago
by the 1st week i knew half the people in the pubs and clubs in the area hehe

in 5 or 10 years ill probably only be doing mail order stuff
and these days more import engines are starting to have immobiliser sheit in the ecu
so im getting ready with stuff for when they come out
but when they do the price of getting engine to run will increase a fair bit so that will slow the industry down abit or most will go with aftermarket ecus but then u get problems that the engineers wont engineer a car with aftermarklet ecu
already there is major sheitfights when building an ICV individually constructed vehicle
and the laws are getting worse so im going to make sure my sons do not become dirty mechanics cause the industry doesnt look good for when they go out into the workforce

im starting to get machines to do diagnosing of late model stuff
as i get many calls from other mechanics asking to fix problems that they cant do
that would pay much better than half the people who call me up

my wife got me a tshirt with one of the old mr men kids books guy it on

she got me the MR GRumpy one hehehee
my licence got cancelled for 3 months and 2 weeks ago was the start of it
so these days i get dropped of to work by the wife
and she picks me up in the arvo
30 mins before she picks me up i stop answering the phone unless i know them or are important
and anyone rings me up for mobile work i say sorry cant do that anymore
so im not as grumpy now but im just very busy so now im pulling my hair out hehehe