Wiring my Stock 1UZ Again! Need Help Urgently!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Sorry for the delay in replying. The 6 pin you have correct and the 4 pin has the coil power and trigger. In the four pin there is also a pair (often a black wire and blue/yellow wire) which go down to the hydraulic fan pump solenoid. Where the hydraulic fan pump has been removed I use one for the oil pressure sender and the other for a electric fan switch. If you want some more help flick me an email at [email protected] Or send me the air ticket and Ill come over and give you a hand. Cheers

ive got a uzs151 ecu and loom here which im decifering
customer didnt send me any details with the loom and im not sure where motor came from as it is missing the 4th plug on the ecu which goes up to the dash
so ive stopped all work on it till he rings me
im pretty sure this job was urgent heheheh
im doing up my own wiring diagram for it since they r hard to find and mopst my other stuff is close but not 100% so hopefully customer can get the last plug so i can look at wire colours and sort it out

ill wait till i get the 4th plug
knowing what other wreckers are like he wont be able to get one
which will blow out the price by 100 bucks once i can get one
the ecu no ends in 305a0 number or something similar im too lazy to go check heheeh
i just ordered an ls1 loom from holden and its abit late as they had to get one made up from whoever makes em for holden
then i have to wire it up to suit a 6.3 ls3 with an ls1 ecu then fit it to a 95 pontiac
which had an lt1 so its a big job

ive got diagrams from late model celsiors and sc400 anfd they are close but im abit anal
so i like to haev everythign right so i can always buy the diags if i have to

Yes Kelvin they are all easy to do but Jim is also right in that you have to have them 100% correct for any future diagnostics albeit you or anyone else

it's just the loom is mail order so I need to be sure
but I'm nearly there I made afew calls and have a car to test things
just waiting for 4th plug

was good day today
customer of the uzs151 rang me and he has the matching 28 pin plug for the ecu
so will finish it soon once i finish my diagrams
got stuck into a 1jz into cressida today my fav jobs
got hyped up and smashed thru the job and got it nearly all done today then 30 mins before knock off tried to start it and bloody starter motor is cactus
very common on 1js for starter to fail more common than 1uzs
they look like a pain to change as top bolt is very close to tunnel
anyway time to ring customer and see what he wants to do

Update...

We finally managed to put the wiring back in the car again. We soldered the links and put heat shrinks on them which took us a while as the loom was a disaster. The engine is running quite smooth and revs up better but I have a few (more) questions:

1. For the AFM wiring, if we hook it up as per the 4 page LS400 UCF21 wiring diagram the engine does not rev up properly and throws a code. We had to interchange two of the wires (I believe its 3 and 5 but will reconfirm) for it to run properly. I will reconfirm exact wiring configuration we are using for AFM but I don't get why the newer ecu (89661-59241) does not sit with the newer AFM (22250-50060) as per the diagram

2. Only complaint currently is that the engine is running quite rich and does not seem to be able to adjust itself. Could it possibly be that the air-flow sensors are not working properly or are mismatched. Or could it be the AFM wiring?

Thanks for all the help especially @Gloverman.

Last edited:
Update!

We managed to take the car out for an open run off the road. The engine is still running rich but after the run has developed some missing issues and a bit of a backfire in the left bank. Have checked plugs, injectors and switched igniters. Will try to replace the plug wires with another set we have.

The AFM wiring ultimately ended up by the book, not sure why it was not working in the first place. Currently only getting error codes 47 and 56 (both Trac related I believe).

Thought I'd fill you guys in...

I managed to wire the thing finally and get it across the finish line of two desert rallies out here. Both running 33 inch tires with 4.1 diffs across some deep and demanding sandy terrain, the 1UZ was awesome!!! We added an oil cooler for the second rally just to be safe. Here is a compilation video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_eo47zBfEk&feature=player_embedded

Thanks for the help guys, I would not have figured this out without this forum. Hats Off to Lextreme!

Thought I'd fill you guys in...

I managed to wire the thing finally and get it across the finish line of two desert rallies out here. Both running 33 inch tires with 4.1 diffs across some deep and demanding sandy terrain, the 1UZ was awesome!!! We added an oil cooler for the second rally just to be safe. Here is a compilation video:

Thanks for the help guys, I would not have figured this out without this forum. Hats Off to Lextreme!
Hey,
Seems like reviving almost a decade old thread.
I happen to find myself in the same situation you were from the day1.
Got 1uzfe (ecu 89661-50241) badly wired up (probably dash loom also messed up) in Silvia S13. Been running fine, started going into limp mode suddenly.
1st thing, replaced old burnt out capacitors on ecu with off the shelf ones, issue seem to have been resolved but now goes into limp after 5-10mins of cold start. Check lights seems to go off when I keep the engine off for couple of minutes before a restart.
1) Looking out for a spare ecu to confirm if it's ecu problem. :confused:
2) Would need your advice on starting off with fresh wiring the whole thing.

Please help!!