wiring harness problem

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

toyotasrfun

I have an engine from an ls400
the harness goes into the right side of the car.. this harness is on my engine and is cut. I have an sc400 harness.. I thought it would work for me.. i was going to take the whole ls400 harness off the engine and put the sc400 one on... problem number one.. the sc400 harness enters the vehicle on the left side.. unacceptable because i have to have my pedals and crap on that side
that and all the guages and junk are clsoer to that side
problem number two.. the connectors are different for the connections on the engine.. heres what i'm hoping to do .. just cut the harness where mine is cut and solder the wires together .. good idea? bad idea? the harness on my ls400 enigne is mint except for the cut.. the sc400 one is also pretty mint except for one or 2 connections but they can be spliced or whatever if need be..
in any case.. feedback please!

dont waist yr time
buy the right loom in the first place

i tried to wire up a ls400 loom which was cut at the firewall and then tried to wire it up to an sc400 loom to the ecu and use sc400 ecu

end of day i have loom here doin nothing it will look messy and the sc400 ecu has a different way to run the fuel pump

i do wiring on *** **** every day and i dont suggest doin it you will get the shits

i would only do it if you know what to do and have all diagrams and alot of patience

I agree with sideshow. The last engine that came is took a few hours to get going on the engine stand with a full loom but accessory plugs were missing - that was removing all extra stuff, a/c power steer pump etc for jetboat, Get correct diagram, remove trans wiring and trac wiring and then wire and fire on engine stand. Easy with full loom - big stuff around with cut loom. Toyotas often change colours between years as well. cheers

the thing is that the wiring harness i have plugs directly into the ls400 computer i have? i'm also stuck..the car MUST run in a couple weeks.. and there's still A LOT of fab work to do on it.. is there nothing i can do?

an sc400 ecu is different to an ls400 ecu

a celsior ecu is same as a ls400 ecu

you can fit the loom just means u might have to wire up the3 or 4 plugs that might be different under the dash

anything is possible if u have the know how

i was just giving u the easiest option

otherwise start cutting and soldering

believe me i can appreciate the idea of the correct wiring harness.. i'm not a fan of bs either.. unfortunately right now i'm REALLY stuck.. so it's a celsior harness i have? i cant remember if it was a mid sump or rear sump engine i got the harness from either way i remember that the harness went in the car the opposite side that i need it to enter from and from my checking the wiring harness is different.. with different connectors and such.. it's got the same plugs though as the ls400 computer i have.. i wonder if the pins on this harness i have are the same as the pins on the ls400 cut harness.. wouldnt it be grand if it was the same and all ihad to do was literally cut and solder wires that were EXACTLY the same?!.. here's to hoping!

the funs starts when u have to cut and solder 60 to 80 wires

take your time and do it slowly one wire at a time

just spread the joins over afew inches otherwise it will look ****