Widebody SC400 Rear Fenders

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

I bought a slaveged SC400 for cheap but the driver side rear quarter panel is about 80% bondo and bulges out 2" as compared to the driver side. The paint is new so I never really noticed it until i realized the 1 side doesnt poke out like the pass. side does. I found a set of fiberglass 50mm over rear fenders and am having trouble getting info on this product:

"Klasse" sc300/400 rear widebody fender.

The same company has 25mm front fenders. I really want a set of these if the fitment is decent. $175 for a PAIR of rear or fronts is a hell of a deal.

Apparently this company Klasse offers kits/fenders for a lot of vehicles. I havent decided on either Riveting them on, gluing them on or molding them on. I am planning to keep the flares unpained until x-mas break so install costs are a concern. If I can get a couple thumbs up opinions I will be ordering a set of front 25mm over and rear 50mm over. My rear wheels are 19x9.5 with a decent 28mm offset. Fronts are 19x8.5 with 38 offset. I figure the fronts will fill out fine since they have 255/35's already, maybe 1/4-1/2" spacers to flush it up. The rears will need a wider tire.. I also have 255/35's out back so I plan to run 275/35's and maybe a small spacer as well.

I think gluing these on will look "cleaner" without using the obvious rivets but what kind of glue and how much? I heard this way works great but screwing up the compounds might leave me with a fender on the side of the freeway.

OK, let's make it 32 :D

Why not glue AND rivet? Fill the rivet holes with bondo, etc.

I've never done add-on fender flares, but have a Supra buddy with them, and IMO they look gay. Sorta like the floaties you see little kids wearing in pools. Just my opinion, however.

If you roll the fender lips, and if the guy on the roller is really good, he can flare the OEM fenders a bit (not 25 or 50mm for sure, but perhaps 10mm or so).

My dilemma is that I have an entire quarter panel that is mostly bondo. On top of that the guy who tried to fix the mess inadvertantly flared 1 of the sides 2" so it really looks nasty from behind. I would consider stock offset rear fenders if they are available. Just dont want to drop $1000 to repair an obtuse fender.

Do you have a link for those fenders? For my 4Runner I had to put on a hood scoop cause of my 5vz-fe engine swap. It had that 3m tape on it but then I riveted and bondoed it and it is solid. Counter sinked the holes a little. Worked well. I suppose a 2 part epoxy would work but you will need a lot and teat will cost more as well. I'm looking to make this SC400 look good but it was in an accident prior me buying it and sounds like your SC. Found plenty of hood and front grill stuff. Just no fender stuff.

http://www.ilovebodykits.com/produc..._SC400_BN_Type_Wide_Body_Rear_Fenders_Pa.html

The price is VERY nice. $175 for a pair of 50mm rear fenders is a great deal. The only pics are of a built sc300 with an entire kit on it. they SEEM to be of good quality but cannot find anyoner who has dabbled with wider FRP fenders. If I run these in the rear i will definently be running the coorisponding 25/50mm front fenders as well. One thing I like about these fenders is that they mold onto the stock body lines without the need to run a widebody kit with full bumpers and skirts.

Nice. I figure if I have to replace the fenders due to the fact they are all bondo and rust (and poorly done at that) Then being slightly wider would look good. Minus that crazy looking fin that car looks pretty good.

Yeah im dealing with a bad bondo job myself. I have a rear quarter panel that looks like it wants to be a widebody fender... it just looks WRONG when you compare it to the passenger side. I popped the trunk to find out that the fender was cut, spot welded and bondo'd somewhat close. The fender is smooth but lining up the fender from the rear of the car shows a nice 1" flare that should not be there. If I smack the fender it feels solid. I get a "thud" instead of a hollow feeling. After seeing part of the fender chip off at a corner, I realized bondo was used and why the fender feels so dense. I think I will make a move on these once I can se these in person. I'll keeo you posted when I get some more info.

I am also planning to fully blend these fiberglass (or FRP) fenders. I will be spending a lot more on bodywork but I have seen half @ss widebody jobs and they just look "rushed". I dont want this to look like bolt on fender flares. Widebody is a daring change. It really alters the car's curves, and because the SC is 100% curves to begin with I dont feel that rivets or unecessary seams will help the look.

Wooah. That car is a frankenstein nightmare! I has nissan cima headlights and clk mercedes tails.... hmm. Also, can you say wangan wing? hahaha

I was looking at the front fenders from klasse and it looks like I will have to run their front bumper for the edges to line up right. Its an extra part but I like the design and its well priced.

In addition to the wide fenders, you can have a side skirt/lip that runs from the rear to the front, so it will connect front and rear and the car will look better.

In addition to the wide fenders, you can have a side skirt/lip that runs from the rear to the front, so it will connect front and rear and the car will look better.

Your probably right Steve, the more I look at these fenders, the more it looks like I should just go full widebody and call it a day. If you compare a REAL wideobdy kit like the vertex ridge, the Klasse kit is much cheaper and this is the only reason im even considering going widebody. I will eventually need to overhaul my crappy fender job and paint and figure i might as well restore the body 100%. I wont pull the trigger on any Klasse product until I can see the full kit in person so I can check the quality.

The link I added in a previous post shows the full widebody kit on an sc, and it looks pretty good. Hard to say if the fitment is as good as vertex but im optimistic.

Im 99% sure this Klasse body kit is a BN Sports knockoff. This exact same pic is used on the website where I found the kit. Here's what it looks like a bit closer:

bnsportswidebody-1.jpg

If you look closely, the vertex front wide fenders are flush, these have a nice 1" "bulge" where the headlights meet so it isnt perfect but I can live with that.