Whipple S/C in a Soarer.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I have been very quiet, change of job and a few other things going on.
Car is running sweet, ecu will be done soon, and body kit after that, will post final results when that is done.
I log on every now and then to see what is happening with yours, very impressive, and with John Cribbs and Scotts, just need to get mine finished, got to be patient.

Richwood manifold, no cooling, when the ecu is done I will know then if it will need some form of cooling, probably water/meth injection.

Got to go away for work for the next two or three weeks, so not much will happen for a while.

This is just an information update for any of you guys that are running the Richwood supercharger manifold.

I recently found out from one of the Soarer Club members here in Aus that the injectors dont sit far enough down into the ports in the manifold, they are approx 4-5mm to high and the spray from the injectors hits the wall of manifold causing the fuel to turn into droplets rather than misting.

Mine has never run very well at lower speeds when there is not a high demand, with greater demand for fuel it didnt seem to be a problem.

When mine was tuned, the tuner said he could not get the fuel trim any better at the lower revs and idle was always a minor problem.

We didnt know what the problem was and now hope that this will improve things.

It does seem to drive a bit smoother and does sound a lot better out the exhaust,
bit hard to explain that one except to say it sounds like it was choking when driving at normal city speeds, just sounds a lot smoother.

It has been 18 months since I ran short on funds for this, so I have driving as is with at the last tune was 310 rwhp.

In the next few months I am getting a good quality water/meth kit from the US, and am going to set up a good oil catch can system.
Then it is down to a tuner in Melbourne who knows the Wolf V500 ecu that I am using and also knows the Toyota product.

The last Soarer he tuned, with a set up similar to mine produced 398 rwhp.
His Soarer with a built motor came up with just over 600rwhp and the gearbox didnt like it much, so the gearbox now has to be made stronger, he is aiming for 670 plus.

Apart from tuning issues, I have had no real dramas with the Whipple set up and will be very happy to get some decent results finally.

Here are a couple or pics of the strip down and rebuild.

IMG_5306_1_1.JPG

IMG_5309_2_1.JPG

IMG_5311_4_1.JPG

IMG_5318_11_1.JPG

hi pwd,

good to see that you still have the car

what sort of boost are you getting, are you still running about 8psi or is it more now?

i will look into that as well with my manifold, as i noticed that mine too sounds a bit off down low at times?

did u port the manifold or is it still in std form?
Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

hi pwd,

good to see that you still have the car

what sort of boost are you getting, are you still running about 8psi or is it more now?

i will look into that as well with my manifold, as i noticed that mine too sounds a bit off down low at times?

did u port the manifold or is it still in std form?
Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

Yea mate still got it, had it to long to part with it.

It has 12lb of boost now, but had pinging issues, so the timing has been retarded to a maximum of 9 degrees to keep it safe because I ran out disposable income to throw at it,

Things are slowly picking up so soon I will be able to do the things I need to do to sort it out and get the figures it should really have.

I did not port my manifold, just left it as is.

I'm running the same 7mgte 440's in my richwood manifold.
I simply blended the port out when doing the manifold porting more to the OEM shape. I have had no problems down low or at idle and it idles at 14.7 afr no problems sweet as a nut.

The Richwood injector ports are designed for the extended pintle OEM style injectors and the 460cc RX7 injectors would be the correct fit for the Richwood manifold.

I would thoroughly recommend porting the sugar out of the manifold.

I'm running the same 7mgte 440's in my richwood manifold.
I simply blended the port out when doing the manifold porting more to the OEM shape. I have had no problems down low or at idle and it idles at 14.7 afr no problems sweet as a nut.

The Richwood injector ports are designed for the extended pintle OEM style injectors and the 460cc RX7 injectors would be the correct fit for the Richwood manifold.

I would thoroughly recommend porting the sugar out of the manifold.

My mate rook two manifolds to get done, we did talk about doing that way and just decided to machine the ports a little bit deeper and not worry about champhering the underside of the manifold.

Its hard to describe but it just feels better and sounds smoother through the rev range, being a daily driver you get used to certain things and it seems like an improvement, especially in traffic.

Quick update.

Fitted a water meth kit a couple of months back and a mate of mine took my car down to the tuners on Monday to improve the tune, came back with 340rwhp, and with a bigger w/m inj and and fitting a good oil catch can set up to keep the oil residue out of the intake the tuner reckons it should be good for 400 rwhp
But that will be later, going to enjoy what I have now, its taken long enough to sort the bugs out, just want to have some fun now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go & glad to hear you've turned the corner with that project!

Hope it'll give you more enjoyment and fewer headaches ($$$) for awhile now.

(I don't guess those bellhousing pics are yours, and we can zap 'em?)

Any video of this thing running? Would like to hear how this thing sounds. Cannot wait to see it boosted a little higher and put down some solid numbers.