Which 3uz Manifolds For MK2 Swap?

1SupraMK2

Hello, I'm new to this forum but not new to Mk2 Supras. I've begun a 1uz swap (91 LS400), and I was told on another forum that 3uz exhaust manifolds are a good fit with only minor mods. Is there a difference in the 3uz manifolds between the LS430, GS430, and SC430? I did a search but I found no satisfactory answer to my question.

I know they are not the best performance solution, but I'm more concerned at this point about ease of fit.

Any help on what is the best fit?

George_R

Try to find out if they have same or different part ##. At least you'll become familiar with toyota catalogs, that will help you later with your conversion.

gloverman

They all list as the same which surprized me as I was expecting the SC to have something better. I have some on the next job I am doing.

JBrady

The 1998-2000 LS400, GS400 and SC400 (1UZ-FE VVTi) have different exhaust manifolds. The LS and GS are very similar quasi Tri-y manifolds where the SC is a log.

The 2001-2006 LS430, GS430 and SC400 (3UZ-FE VVTi) have the same exhaust manifolds that are log style.

Pictures below are of the LS400 (left side) and the LS430 (next to an S&S header)

Attachments