Where's this wire go?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Holmsey

Hi been having a couple of starting problems and noticed this wire not connected to anything. Does anyone know where it should be wire to? It's the plug that goes to the cam and crank sensors. Lexus Loose wire.jpg

Hi been having a couple of problems and noticed this unattached wire, anyone know where it should be wired to? Its the plug for the Cam and crank sensors.
Lexus Loose wire.jpg

Last edited:
Just an observation that wiring is in pretty poor condition.

Has the plug been cut off and reconnected previously?

I'd be trying to sort it out/tidy it up before using it.

Thanks for getting back to me guys. So pardon my inexperience but if it's shield earth, do I just put this wire to earth or is it to supply earth to one of the sensors? Do I solder into another wire on the sensors? Yes wiring is hacked about as it had a very poorly fitted LPG system when I bought the car. The wires at the plug were bare. I've just bodged as I can't source any new plugs. I am just about to remove the front wiring harness see if I can redo and work out where it should go. As a side note what symptoms would this cause being not wired up correctly?

Proper entertaining that Gloverman.. Just the right amount of Humour too. ;o)

I will get the loom on me bench see what I can work out. I've had an ongoing starting problem for years that keeps coming back to haunt me. Will start every time for yonks even a year, then all of a sudden without warning, wont even crank over or cranks over and over no start. Maybe it stems from this hope so. Gives me fault 12.

You've advised me before but because I have no idea what the heck i'm doing, I think I've sussed it and then I find out I haven't. Derrrr

How much for one of your new looms Sent to UK ?

Just an observation that wiring is in pretty poor condition.

Has the plug been cut off and reconnected previously?

I'd be trying to sort it out/tidy it up before using it.
It's not been cut off, just some of the wires were cut to fit LPG by the previous owner. The tape (Poorly done) was a quick fix as the outer plastic covering the wires has cracked, showing bare wires. Needs a new front loom really.

Hi Gloverman can you have a look at this video of my wiring see if you can advise me if i'm on the right track ;o)

This is an updated video, thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited:
Proper entertaining that Gloverman.. Just the right amount of Humour too. ;o)

I will get the loom on me bench see what I can work out. I've had an ongoing starting problem for years that keeps coming back to haunt me. Will start every time for yonks even a year, then all of a sudden without warning, wont even crank over or cranks over and over no start. Maybe it stems from this hope so. Gives me fault 12.

You've advised me before but because I have no idea what the heck i'm doing, I think I've sussed it and then I find out I haven't. Derrrr

How much for one of your new looms Sent to UK ?
Front loom is around $700nzd plus some freight. Swapping to pounds its about half the nzd rate atm. I do require correct specs on yours as there are differences

Oh right that's nearly as much as I paid for the whole car, so way out of my budget as much as I would like one ;o)... The only part I suspect as dodgy is the loom that goes to the three engine sensors.
Would you be ok just giving advising me im right or wrong?

The 6 pin plug that goes to the cam and crank sensors. I have black to crank sensor, Red to right cam sensor and the next one (Looks Brown) to left sensor all on bottom of plug connector. So am I right in thinking the opposite wires, green and two browns wire separately to the sensors. Mine are all soldered together and split to all the sensors with one wire going nowhere.

All sorted now. Found a better unmessed with front loom with sensors and decent plug in connectors. Looking at it best I could see, it is right that the wires are all joined together as my old one. What my old one was missing was another earth that goes to the Cam sensors guessing that is what would be soldered to the spare brown wire.

All sorted now. Found a better unmessed with front loom with sensors and decent plug in connectors. Looking at it best I could see, it is right that the wires are all joined together as my old one. What my old one was missing was another earth that goes to the Cam sensors guessing that is what would be soldered to the spare brown wire.