Where can I get a tiny V8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

quadcam boat

not that i know of. there isn't any point in making a production V8 much smaller than 3.6L, the old Ferrari V8. but you can get Cosworth Indy Car V8s that are around 3L, give or take. but they don't come cheap.

Attachments

• t-100 floor.jpg
    t-100 floor.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 4
You probably already know about the little 3.5 litre all aluminum V8 from GM that Rover bought. Sweet little motor for an old school OHV design. Still plenty of them running too, especially with the updated Rover design.

Ferrari apparently had a 2.0 litre V8 in the 70's and 80's in their 204 and 208 models

With all the weird & wonderful things people are doing now with gluing motors together (I recently heard of someone putting two Porsche flat sixes together to make a flat 12 to put in a 917 replica), maybe you could get two inline motorcycle motors, cast your own crankcase and build your own!

hi there , daimler made a 2.5 litre v8 , sort of a little hemi . you can already buy a v8 made from 2 hyabusa cylinders , cant remember the name though .

quadcam boat:

I know Ferrari made a 2.0L twin turbo V8's for the 308's and the 328's for the Italian and Swiss
markeds. They were made for tax ( 2.0 litre swept volume ) reasons.

There's an Australian 1ltr V8 for motorcycle use.

Interesting the threoretical perfect capacity for a V8 is 2.880litres.

Interesting Ferrari built the 280 GTO to that exact capacity.

The Dino 260 was 2.4 litre V6 giving just under 400 cc per cyclinder. Porsche did the same with the 2.2 which is the perfect volume.

Most "sweet" engines have simillar cylinder/capacit ratios.

Rod, do you know anything else about the motorbike engine?
I am toying witht he idea of a custom block and crank, fitted with existing heads, pistons and rods from other engines. Maybe the crank could be adapted or modified from something else as well?
I have no ideas of fitting it to anything, I would just like to have a small V8!
thanks,
Andrew

oh those little v8's are awesome. the smallest iv seen was made by washington state university for their formula sae car 'viking X' i think. im pretty sure its on youtube, or google it for heaps of photos. its about 500cc, and dohc, custom made with billet block and heads off a 250cc four cylinder bike engine. and its got a 6 speed sequential box behind it!
theres also a guy in nz who made a v8 for his stockcar with two 1400cc kawasaki engines. 13,000rpm all day long no worries apparently, and almost 400hp

i would love to drop one of those little V8s into some type of RC car, wow what a moster that would be heheheee.........