What to look for when acquiring a UCF10?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tenchu

First off, hello, I have been reading over this website for a couple weeks now, learning what I can, and see what goes on inside your guys' heads, and you seem like a pretty straight forward group of people. I have wanted a UCF10 since high school (graduated in 2005) but I've never had the right opportunity to get one. A couple weeks ago I posted an ad on craiglist for my daily driver Honda Civic in hopes of getting cash to finally pick one up. I was recently contacted by a UCF10 owner about an hour and a half from me that is looking for a toy, and wants to do a direct trade, his LS for my Civic. This could be a great opportunity for me. It is a 1990 White/Tan with 128k on the clock, from what I've been told, nothing is wrong with the car, pretty close to stock other than some 20" wheels (that i'll likely sell) an aftermarket head-unit, and tinted windows. I am wondering if there is anything in specific that I should look at on this car to make sure i'm not getting a junker. I am pretty mechanically inclined, so you don't have to dumb it down for me too much, but if I DO get this car, I will be driving it approx 2000 miles across the country when I move in a couple weeks, so it is pretty important I do this right the first time!

Thanks in advanced, and sorry for the long post.

-Josh

Like most expensive cars that are now 20+ years old, they have tended to have lacked maintenance for the last 5 or so years.
If it has a full service history, you are laughing.

But given its age, the suspension and bushes will be on their way out if they are originals (most still are).
Apart from that everything else should be fairly cheaply fixed if something goes wrong.

If its been looked after the drivetrain should be in very good condition.