What happened to my ECU?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ak47prince

as what sideshow told me sooner this day.i check the tps connector for approx 5 v and there were none. then i discovered the last 26p plug is upside down type and so i plugged in the wires wrongly and then fitted them correctly pin 4 M-rel ,pin 5 w-check engine light and pin 26 battery .. so i check the voltage at tps again and few of them has 4. something volts and one had 5v..i was happy then i turn the ignition switch on immediately the fuel pump turn and i off the switch and it kept turning till i unplug the + of the pump.then my father was right next to the ecu and smelled something ..i then put my nose close and also smell something melting then i saw some fine smoke came out of the ecu,i then immediately disconnect the + from the batt and open the ecu cover and discover something like a longish blueish thing turn black. i tried to prob both its terminals and circuits to them and all has continuity they are not like resistors or diodes and has complete continuity both ways.. and i didn't notice any other burns elsewhere on the 2 ecu circuit boards.

I wonder How i can connect it with the easiest method to charge the coils so that i could make spark ? i just want to determine whether my ECU is totally gone..
I know like what sideshow said before, 'to explain it here is difficult'.
And i guess you all will feel a lot better by sipping a cup of coffee,reading news papers in the morning,drink a can of beer or playing with some techometric relays than to explain something to me. Please at least give me some of your opinions whether is to get a new harness with ecu or different ecus or are there any plug and play or something? Pls anybody ?

burnt.jpg

Why not just replace the burned out component?

It has a part number on the board.

Before you do any more double check your wiring .

I didn't know you could plug the harness into the computer upside down. It has a shaped plug to stop that happening.

Thank you Zuffen

Why not just replace the burned out component?

It has a part number on the board.

Before you do any more double check your wiring .

I didn't know you could plug the harness into the computer upside down. It has a shaped plug to stop that happening.

Hi there zuffen, i saw some of your posts last time and realized that you seems to know something from just about anything. that's pretty amazing. and maybe you're in the same level as sideshow or somebody very good here. Okay I'll check out the part number of that component and in the mean time also double check my wiring. About the plug.. i didn't have the 4th plug 26pin ... so i just trim and cut a connector and use its internals to hook up the M-REL and the w-engine check light and the battery and discovered the the M-REL supplies the +12 Volts constantly even after the ignition switch is off. and could you tell me what is the name of that blue component? Thanks a lot zuffen

hehe the upside down plug on the ls400 or celsior
the reason that happens is because if u dont get the factory fourth plug so u can go off
the wire colours then its very hard to know its upside down
my hand drawn diags has a bit cross at this plug to make sure i get it right
if u goto wreckers and get some damaged toyota ecus u might be lucky and find the correct resistor

if yours is badly burnt maybe get someone with same ecu to tell u the number on it
this number is not resistance value i think
i recon its part number so get resistor with same number and hope u havnt damaged somehting else
the other wires on that plug are to do with the auto so lets hope u r running a manual
which i think u r

i have an ecu for an ls400 but its way way to expensive for you after reading all your previous posts hahahaahahahah ill even supply a correct plug

zuffen
he didnt have factory plug so just pushed wires into the terminal which he thought was correct

Hi there Sideshow

if sometimes im abit harsh on these forums please tell me
hehehe

i think you have your reason for being abit harsh because if one became very good and did thousands of swaps and modification one would feel like being surrounded by morons everywhere they go..

So today i check the wiring again and then probed the burn component with ECU pins till i came to the w-check engine light pin and got a complete continuity between it and the burnt component.

I removed the light bulb .it's a double filament bulb.
Started wiring everything again and noticed that the only thing i missed last time is i didn't supply the power to one of the slightly bigger Black Orange wire that supplies 12 volts to the Black Orange ignitor and ignition coil wires. then i received 12 v at both ignitor and coil and 5 v at tps sensor. and this is what you taught me as to see whether the ECU is on..

So i turned my Ignition switch again and put a finger on the burnt component that burn my finger yesterday. i didn't feel any heat on it and something in the autobox ticked and the pump starts turning and when i turn the switch off.. the pump stops. Yesterday ,my pump was turning nonstop even as i turn off the switch .i suspect it was the light bulb that is causing the pump to turn non stop.

Then i started to crank while looking at the tip of one of the plugs. there were no spark at all. even as i ground the ignitor unit with a jump cable.

And Yes sideshow i'm using an Autobox but since you said i need the missing connector i will try to sort one Fried ECU with connector so that i might be able to use the autobox ,connector and the resistor..

It's pretty kind of you to have offered to sell me an Ecu with a free connector.. I'm very interested but also afraid that i would burn another one.
but I'm more interested with your modified techometric relays that used for controlling the fuel pump speed as mentioned by you.

Lastly,Can any body here teach me how to check whether the ignitors are fine?